Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone, so i wanted to upgrade my OS from .109 to .133 as i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jarfajar no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8900 back up problem

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

so i wanted to upgrade my OS from .109 to .133
    as i read the instructions from the threads that i have to back up my data first using Desktop Manager; this makes the first time that i use the DM (i use DM 4.7) and backing up my data.
    My problem is: during "transfer in progress", the back up always stops in 'browser option' then "error backing up data(s)" message appear. and this happens every time.

what should i do with this? how do i back up my data? is it safe to ignore the data back up and go straight OS upgrading?
    or is the problem caused by the DM 4.7 version? as i read on other thread that this version is not stable.

can somebody please help me?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This has been asked and answered a couple times ...

Go into your browser
    Then options
    Then cache operations
    Then Clear all three logs

Now restart your backup and it will work.

Cheers

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    This has been asked and answered a couple times ...

Go into your browser
    Then options
    Then cache operations
    Then Clear all three logs

Now restart your backup and it will work.

Cheers
    good one ran!!! btw if that doesnt work you can do it thru DM when you go to backup/restore click on advaced and when the data loads from the device go down to the browser and clear all the data

Thanks for this.
    well i did browsed the forum prior of writing this, maybe i didn't look hard enough. sorry for that.

i cleared the cache from browser, the problem still persist. so i clear it through DM on the advance. now when i try to back up, the same problem happen again, only this time when it reached 'profiles'. try to clear the profile data on the advance, but nothing happened, "error backing up data(s)" message still appears.

what should i do next?
    i'm sorry, im a newbie. if this has been answered couple of times, maybe i can have the link, so i wont bother any of your time.

thank's so much in advance.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    you have to clear the history, content cache, pushed cache and the cookie cache.

then perform your backup via dm.

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    did you reboot the phone? I had to reboot mine when i did it....and btw you are not bothering us thats what we are here for
    the profiles database was my problem just clear it and reboot both pc and device

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Just a quick question. Do bookmarks create a problem while backing up data. Thanks
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rajafarhan View Post
    Just a quick question. Do bookmarks create a problem while backing up data. Thanks
    I have never seen an issue with them, nor seen or heard of them being an issue with anyone else, so I would say no.

Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    did you reboot the phone? I had to reboot mine when i did it....and btw you are not bothering us thats what we are here for
    the profiles database was my problem just clear it and reboot both pc and device

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. i did everything suggested in this thread and other threads that discusses "back up problem", from clearing all three browser cache, reboot pc & device, clearing the activity log (alt+lglg), disabled the memory cleaning running in background.

but still the same problem, it stops when it reached 'profile'. So i tried to manually backing up in back up/restore; advance. i back up one by one, funny thing is when i reached 'profile', it doesn't have any problem, the only problem only happen when i reached 'browser message', but other than that every items backed up smoothly (manually).

does this mean technically i have backed up my data needed to be done prior to OS upgrade?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi
    I started a thread with a similar problem on BOLD.
    Click on this :http://forums.pinstack.com/f339/backup_database_error-103256/
    and look at the last 4 or 5 exchanges.
    Maybe you'll solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Hi
    I started a thread with a similar problem on BOLD.
    Click on this :http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=103256
    and look at the last 4 or 5 exchanges.
    Maybe you'll solve the problem.
    Thanks delfim,

yes, actually it was fom this thread that made me do everything i wrote above. but still the same problem occur. although i've 'successfully' done my manual back up using the advance option, but when i tried to do the usual back up, it got stuck again, this time it went back to the 'browser option'. and again, i tried to clear it, although in my device it had nothing to clear since i already did it.

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    I have never seen an issue with them, nor seen or heard of them being an issue with anyone else, so I would say no.
    Thanks

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jarfajar View Post
    Thanks delfim,

yes, actually it was fom this thread that made me do everything i wrote above. but still the same problem occur. although i've 'successfully' done my manual back up using the advance option, but when i tried to do the usual back up, it got stuck again, this time it went back to the 'browser option'. and again, i tried to clear it, although in my device it had nothing to clear since i already did it.
    Ok, but let me stress the point - you must "clear" it on "Advanced" mode on "Desktop Sync". Not on your phone... I am sorry if this got misunderstood. Try to backup again and if the backup stops with a "new" error, take note of it, and again, on Desktop Sync Advanced Mode, clear that as well. Carry on repeating this procedure until it does a full backup without error. Once done, do a battery pull on the phone, and try backup, normally, again. This is how it worked for me. Hope it works...Good Luck.
    Last edited by Delfim; 02-26-2009 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Ok, but let me stress the point - you must "clear" it on "Advanced" mode on "Desktop Sync". Not on your phone... I am sorry if this got misunderstood. Try to backup again and if the backup stops with a "new" error, take note of it, and again, on Desktop Sync Advanced Mode, clear that as well. Carry on repeating this procedure until it does a full backup without error. Once done, do a battery pull on the phone, and try backup, normally, again. This is how it worked for me. Hope it works...Good Luck.

ok. what if during back up it stops on 'camera option', but in the advance mode, there is nothing that i can clear? camera option is just empty, no numbers. tried to clear it though, but still the same thing happen again.

this is strange, last time i tried, it got stuck in 'profile', and i stopped trying, leave it alone for 2 days, and then it changes; now to camera option, although i never did any changes on camera option.

Is it better if i uninstall the DM 4.7 and use 4.6 instead?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    That's a problem... and I really cannot advise you as to a change of OS. Maybe some buddies out there can help? I am talking abou the experts...please anyone to try and help this BB buddy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast