Hello to every one - new to pinstack How can I clear this error on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

morrowsa no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8530 - app error 523

Advertisement

Hello to every one - new to pinstack
    How can I clear this error on my daughter's cell
    She is having breakdown with no phone

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello, morrowsa and welcome to PinStack! I'm sorry to hear your daughter is having issues with her device.

I hope she has been diligent at making backups, because I am afraid that she will need to completely reinstall the Operating System on her device.

You will need to get the latest OS for her device, which you'll find here. This will need to be downloaded and installed onto your PC.

I'd also suggest you download and install a little utility program called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife), which you can get here. This program will help you to wipe the device completely, then reinstall the OS you have downloaded above.

Install the OS, as directed, then, depending on the provider from which you downloaded the OS, you might need to delete a file called vendor.xml. If the OS is from your provider, you won't need to do that. You CAN install an OS from another provider, but it has to be for your device (the 8530) and you will need to delete the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader. You'll find it down towards the end of the list. Just click on it and press the "Delete" button.

Next, connect the device to the PC using the USB cable and launch BBSAK. It will ask you for a password, which you can bypass if she hasn't assigned one, or if she has, enter it here.

Once past the password prompt, click on the button to "Wipe OS"......this will completely remove any trace of the OS that was on the device and you will end up with a 507 error, which simply means there's no OS on the device. Once you get to that point, make sure the device PIN is still showing on the BBSAK application, then select Load OS and follow the prompts.

I know it's a quick course on how to do this, but please don't hesitate to post back with any questions you might have. We're here to help!

Actually, before trying the device wipe, try reloading the software first. You might not need to do the wipe. Hopefully not.

morrowsa no está en línea Stack level 1

Up & Running

Thanks so much Roger G
    Daughter's BB is up & running
    Bell Mobility had wanted to send her dvice away for 4-6 wks to repair plus couple of hundred bucks to get loaner unit.
    She now also appreciates the value of doing a backup of device (unfortunately she had not done one before this)
    Many thanks for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Hello, morrowsa and welcome to PinStack! I'm sorry to hear your daughter is having issues with her device.

I hope she has been diligent at making backups, because I am afraid that she will need to completely reinstall the Operating System on her device.

You will need to get the latest OS for her device, which you'll find here. This will need to be downloaded and installed onto your PC.

I'd also suggest you download and install a little utility program called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife), which you can get here. This program will help you to wipe the device completely, then reinstall the OS you have downloaded above.

Install the OS, as directed, then, depending on the provider from which you downloaded the OS, you might need to delete a file called vendor.xml. If the OS is from your provider, you won't need to do that. You CAN install an OS from another provider, but it has to be for your device (the 8530) and you will need to delete the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader. You'll find it down towards the end of the list. Just click on it and press the "Delete" button.

Next, connect the device to the PC using the USB cable and launch BBSAK. It will ask you for a password, which you can bypass if she hasn't assigned one, or if she has, enter it here.

Once past the password prompt, click on the button to "Wipe OS"......this will completely remove any trace of the OS that was on the device and you will end up with a 507 error, which simply means there's no OS on the device. Once you get to that point, make sure the device PIN is still showing on the BBSAK application, then select Load OS and follow the prompts.

I know it's a quick course on how to do this, but please don't hesitate to post back with any questions you might have. We're here to help!

Good to hear you're back up and running!