I still don't understand something. if i don't have data plan but i have wi-fi ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vfresh2001 no está en línea Stack level 1

bb 8320 Wi-Fi and Web Browser

Advertisement

I still don't understand something. if i don't have data plan but i have wi-fi connection from my router, can i use blackberry map and blackberry web browser or internet browser. i tried to use blackberry map but didn't work. i tried bb browser, i alway got the message, "unble to connect to the internet, please try later. is the a internet browser that i can access internet through my wi-fi? or i have to get data plan to get it fully working? please help.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: bb 8320 Wi-Fi and Web Browser

I posted an answer on your other post. To fully utilize the device the data plan is highly recommended as the device is not even half of what it could be without the plan (and if you are on T-Mo it is only $19.99 for the use, just buy one less CD, DVD or case of beer durig the month and you got it made).
    As I said before most of the BB specific things will not work as they go through RIM servers. T-Mo has the BB enabler service books to allow alot of them to work. You can also try and change the default settings on the BB browser to wifi or internet and not t-zones (it is under the options menu for the settings and within the browser) as some have said that this helped to make it work for them.

mike22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Lightbulb Re: bb 8320 Wi-Fi and Web Browser

no u can not use BB maps,BB brower,u only can use what wifi gives u.i order too use BLACKBERRY stuff u need a data plan
    Last edited by mike22; 11-18-2007 at 06:12 PM.

vfresh2001 no está en línea Stack level 1

as for now i can't do nothing with wi-fi, can't use aim,yahoo,browser, bb maps. what is wi-fi really for? i thought if i got wi-fi, i will be able to browsing internet and stuff. bb is a monopoly then, unless you have to go with the data plan. this is really sucks, other phones might be able to access internet through wi-fi. everytime i lick on the browser, it will take me to t-zone. i will try other setting to see if i be able to access internet. if anyone can show me how, i really appreciate.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I already told you things to do and asked questions in 2 different posts. Have you tried any of the things I told you to do?? Did you even read any of my posts or were they a total waste of my time and effort (as some of the questions you just asked again were answered in both)?? I know for a fact other than complain about BB and how much of a monopoly it is (which isn't any worse that what Apple has done to their phone, yes it can be hacked, but the efforts used are no more than required on any BB or other PDA/smartphone device) you haven't taken the time to answer the questions posed at you. You could start by answering some of the questions posted as they can help us to help you and possibly get you some answers, or you could just pony up the dollars and get the data plan instead of trying to get the free lunch.