Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have an unlocked t-mobile branded 8320 that will not activate via the Corp BES ... BlackBerry Curve forum

coachb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203C1A42

Question BB 8320 Enterprise activation

Advertisement

I have an unlocked t-mobile branded 8320 that will not activate via the Corp BES server. ATT resent service books. The host routing table is empty. The error message is :Activation request failed. A service connection is unavailable. Our blackberry admin called ATT and was told sometimes unlocked devices work...somtimes they do not no further assistance was offered. I hope some of the veterans of this forum can assist in making this device work on our corporate bes....the latest ATT device software is loaded (V4.5.0.110) I was able to completely wipe device and reload os. I have done this precedure several times in the past with no issues but always with ATT devices? Is it device related or because it is an unlocked t-mobile device? ...Please help!!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    First couple of checks before we dive into it. Did you recieve a blackberry regiestration email? is your EDGE upper case?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    203C1A42
    I did get a registration email....but it is from T-Mobile even though the SIMM is an ATT. When this simm is placed in my backup ATT berry (8700) the EDGE is uppercasewhen in the "new" tmobile device it is LOWER case. The simm does work flawlessly on the voice side in BOTH phones and shows att network on both.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You have to have EDGE on the new device for it to activate to the BES. In host routing table hit menu a do a register now. once EDGE is uppercase it will work

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    203C1A42
    Followed your instruction in last post...This message was displayed after register now pressed....."registration message sent". Thus far no change...routing table still blank and lower case edge. I did reboot device also.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well we now know the problem. You said you already tried resending service books right? you can go and manually delete them then pull the battery and see if your device picks them backup

Truth + Clarity = Power

PIN/ID
    203C1A42
    Manually deleted all entries as suggested...battery pull and reboot..I again have many listings in the service book area...still nothing in the host routing table and lower case edge. If you are getting tired of these post let me know and I will give up. Should have kept the 8310 that was operating perfectly!!!

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I have three users using the 8320 on att I know it works. go to options/ then mobile network. Make sure data service is on and make sure your connection is set to network only and not wifi prefered or anything

Truth + Clarity = Power

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    and make sure your network selection is on automatic

Truth + Clarity = Power

PIN/ID
    203C1A42
    Data service was ON...change mobile network connection preference from mobile network preferred to mobile network only. Battery pull reload same sympton.What populates the host routing table? That does not look correct at all.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I want to say that the host routing table is a list of service port in your area, antenna I think not sure on that. but when your phone registers to one it turn to a bold text.

Truth + Clarity = Power

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    ill be back on tomorrow and we can play more with it. till then....

Truth + Clarity = Power

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Any luck playing with it?

Truth + Clarity = Power

PIN/ID
    203C1A42
    I have no idea how to proceed at this point. I am no rookie with BB but I do not have any idea how to proceed.....I put my sons tmobile simm in and was able to surf the net...etc

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Did you sons SIM populate the host routing table?

Truth + Clarity = Power

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast