I have a desk top cradle & charger for my BB 8310. Does the BB ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Alpha22 no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8310 Charging

Advertisement

I have a desk top cradle & charger for my BB 8310. Does the BB stop charging once the battery is fully charged? If not, is it OK to leave the BB in the cradle as long as you want or will it suffer from over-charging? Thanks
    UK Owner

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: BB 8310 Charging

Yes, it stops charging when the battery is full. It's fine to just leave it plugged in.

Tucker

Alpha22 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: BB 8310 Charging

Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike
    Yes, it stops charging when the battery is full. It's fine to just leave it plugged in.

Tucker
    Very many thanks. Appreciate quick answer.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I charge mine every night like this while I sleep. It's worked out great for me.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I leave mine charging as well. It won't harm it, although keep in mind it is a good idea to let your battery cycle once in a while to improve battery performance.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I didnt know that, thanks for the tip, lavagirl.

echt no está en línea Stack level 1

anyone have a problem with the 8310 failing to charge? I left it plugged in most of the day and had no calls I picked it up to use it and the battery was only 25% and it had been near full when plugged in the night before. Now the when plugging in the charger it shows the plug icon for a few seconds and then it goes away. It is not charging. Charger works on my 8700 and connecting via USB to the laptop produces the same result of icon on then off and no charging.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Could the connection piece on the bb come loose? This was an issue one some pearls way back. Haven't heard in a long time. So you are trying to wall charge it, right?

daveyBB no está en línea Stack level 1

35 Days ago, I bought a BB 8310 from ATT. The phone's mini USB charging port now has a bent - damaged - pin. I was charging it every night from the wall charger. One day I did sense that something was grating when I plugged it in. After that point, I had the same symptons - wouldn't take a charge. Further found that as I slid the miniUSB plug into the phone, the on-screen charging indicator would show charging and then when the plug was fully seated, not charging. I spent 1 hour and 40 minutes on the phone today with ATT Customer Care, ATT Warranty Repair and Blackberry Support. Since it's 35 days out from purchase, ATT will sell me a new one for $495 (they don't offer a maint agreement for this phone) - and a bent pin is considered user abuse, RIM will repair it for $190 or exchange it for $234. Nice huh? All for a $1.00 part on the phones motherboard. This must be a pretty common occurence with blackberry's since I have now found that there are several sites that replace the mini USB plug for around $100 on blackberries.
    I was actually referred to one of them by an ATT Service Rep who know what I was going to go through...
    UGH !!!
    Lessons Learned: I guess my take away is don't get an phone from unless it has an available maint contract unless you have platinum lined pockets, because otherwise - you're on your own if anything breaks.