any good tips or software, or any general information about the BB 8310 that would ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RobYuriPrime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2155797c

Question Bb 8310

Advertisement

any good tips or software, or any general information about the BB 8310 that would be good to know?

Rob

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Oh man there is so much...
    Where to start? Well as far as software goes it depends on what you use your BB for.
    But for ringtones I'd recommend moviewavs.com and sometimes tuneusin.com. If you have audio editing software you can always make your own.

I'd recommend getting theme builder (it is just a lot of fun to mess with).

I love having berry-a-code on my phone (tells you the city and state of where a number is calling you from.

There is a thread on here that is all about keyboard shortcuts. I'll post a link when I get to my computer.
    here it is:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=51115

If you don't already have one get a media card for your phone. It will help you out a lot.

Profile scheduler is a great program if you need to change the profile setting daily at about the same time this little program does it for you. (I use it at night, I need to be able to get a call if it comes through but it got annoying when I forgot to set my phone profile to phone only and I get pointless E-mails at 2 or 3 in the morning)

For fun I'd say get dopewars downloaded to your phone. Great game very much like the stock market. Buy low sell HIGH. Great time waster (and in my opinion more fun than brick breaker)

File lock is a nice app. If there is something on your phone you don't want other people to see you can lock it with a password with file lock.

Look at all of the wonderful themes people have posted here on pinstack. There are a lot of really classy looking themes up here.

I don't use my BB to much for finances but... Ascendo is supposed to be a great program for that. (At least I think it was ascendo. Or was it Splash? Well, one of those or Something like that)

Like I said there is SOOOOOOO much you can do with this phone. Just remember make backups regularly it will help you out in the long run.

And keep posting question here man everyone is here to help.

Anyone else? I know there is a lot more come on, everyone list your fav app.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 09-25-2008 at 03:45 PM.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Also, if you can try to remember to keep your file free up.
    Utilize the memory cleaner, clear browser cache, browser history, and browser cookies.
    Delete old un-needed msg's, txt, E-mail, BB messenger, your old call logs. All of these take up internal memory.
    Every once in a while hit.
    Alt+LGLG
    And clear the logs. And maybe once or twice a week hit
    alt+(right) shift+del. It will reboot your phone and clear up some memory. I usually do the reboot after clearing browser cache, history, cookies, the alt+LGLG thing, and running the memory cleaner.
    I know there is more I should be writing here but I'm running out of inital info.

Do you have any specific questions?

Let us know.
    And enjoy your curve. I know you will, I love mine.

RobYuriPrime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2155797c
    anymore tips or tricks with the BB?

morgana no está en línea Stack level 1
    scusate,ma c'č qualcuno che parla italiano qui??mi occore un aiuto.grazie

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    If you're ever tired of your signal meter and you want to change it to decibels simply go to your home screen and press *Alt* and while holding it down then hit "N", "M","L", "L". To switch back do the same process. Of course without the apostrophes nor commas. Enjoy your Curve; love your curve; and sing feed it with nice themes but not too many because then you'd be cursing RIM out for running outta memory. hehehe

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by morgana View Post
    scusate,ma c'č qualcuno che parla italiano qui??mi occore un aiuto.grazie
    Mi dispiace, ma io non parlano italiano. Speriamo che possiamo trovare un modo per aiutarvi

berrycool no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    Oh man there is so much...
    I don't use my BB to much for finances but... Ascendo is supposed to be a great program for that...
    Pinstack readers can get 20% off on Ascendo Money - Personal Finance Manager for BlackBerry, by following the instructions at the bottom of this Pinstack Review.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=79164

And for those who posted to this thread in Italian, BBWorld did a recent review of Ascendo Money in Italian, see link below.
    http://www.bbworld.info/2008/07/02/4...censione.shtml

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Ascendo Money home page