Hi everyone, I purchased a second-hand 8300 Curve for backup use yesterday. Everything is fine, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ntrsfrml no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440080c

Question BB 8300 with restrictions

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I purchased a second-hand 8300 Curve for backup use yesterday. Everything is fine, I was able to flash it to latest Singapore OS. Couple of things bothering me:

1) I cannot remove lock password from the phone. Under the "General settings" > Password, there is a tiny red lock which I have never noticed on my previous Curve 8300 or the 8320.

2) Bluetooth Transfer won't work. I have paired it properly with my Macbook, Just like I do with my 8320. Everytime I goto into Media > click on Receive Using Bluetooth, I get "File transfer Connection failed" error immediately.

3) I have manually registered the phone from hosting books with my Carrier BB site. It registers fine, no errors. I have all the e-mail inboxes, but no e-mails are coming in .. I have also tried sending the service books couple of times now. I can send e-mails, but none are coming in since last evening 7Pm. I'm with Fido, Canada, Maybe this is a carrier BB problem / Outage for the weekend.. Can somebody on Fido BB confirm this?
    Last edited by ntrsfrml; 01-13-2008 at 04:10 PM.

djtrace no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BB 8300 with restrictions

It more than likely has an IT policy on it. If you do a search, Im sure you'll find a lot of other people have had this problem.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm mobile right now, but somewhere on the forums there is a thread that will tell you how to remove the IT policy.

ntrsfrml no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440080c

Thanks everyone! I found the "IT Policy" Removal guide / sticky. Everything is fully functional now.

cheers,