I hava a Dell PC running MS VISTA , with OFFICE Student Edition pre-installed. When ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bpd
    bpd no está en línea Stack level 2

BB 8300 not receiving Word 2007 Student Edition attachments

Advertisement

I hava a Dell PC running MS VISTA, with OFFICE Student Edition pre-installed.

When I sent word 2007 documents as attachment to myRogers BB 8300, the attachment does not appear; when I go on my PC and open a 2007 word document and SAVE IT AS WORD 97, then the email sent to my BB does show the attachment and I am able to open it no problem

Is there a restriction on BB 8300 receiving word (MS OFFICE Student edition version) files as attachment?

... I notice that WORD 2007 created word files with a suffice of .docx, rather than the .doc suffix

PIN/ID

Re: BB 8300 not receiving Word 2007 Student Edition attachments

you answered your own question " ... I notice that WORD 2007 created word files with a suffice of .docx, rather than the .doc suffix"

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

You can set the default in Word 2007 to save as a .DOC and then it will open.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

This is the new standard for 2007 and has nothing to do with the Student Edition (as they all save now with the default of .docx, unless you change it as was specified above).

Makes me wonder how 4.3 OS will handle it as it is supposed to have the word office package (enabling editing and composing as well as reading) standard. This is if the video of it in action on youtube maintains all of this functionality in the final release.