whatup peoples! new to the community here... found lots of helpful stuff so far i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

flipkickz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB 8300 email notification help

Advertisement

whatup peoples! new to the community here... found lots of helpful stuff so far

i have several email accounts configured on my bb curve/8300 and im experiencing the following problem:

- when trying to customize the alert type for an individual account, the changes are affecting multiple separate accounts
    ___

for example:
    Profile>Advanced Options>Loud>Messages[example@email1.com]

I change Out of Holster: "Vibrate" to "Vibrate + Tone"
    ___

the change ultimately affects maybe 3 out of 10 email accounts.... when i try to go into the other accounts affected, the original one i edited reflects latest change to other accounts...

anyone else experience these problems? any solutions?

Ive already tried all the methods for clearing memory and space... and even deleting the email accounts and re-adding them... hard resets, deleting dupt service books, etc. and i cant find anything that works.

any help would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Re: BB 8300 email notification help

Quote Originally Posted by flipkickz View Post
    whatup peoples! new to the community here... found lots of helpful stuff so far

i have several email accounts configured on my bb curve/8300 and im experiencing the following problem:

- when trying to customize the alert type for an individual account, the changes are affecting multiple separate accounts
    ___

for example:
    Profile>Advanced Options>Loud>Messages[example@email1.com]

I change Out of Holster: "Vibrate" to "Vibrate + Tone"
    ___

the change ultimately affects maybe 3 out of 10 email accounts.... when i try to go into the other accounts affected, the original one i edited reflects latest change to other accounts...

anyone else experience these problems? any solutions?

Ive already tried all the methods for clearing memory and space... and even deleting the email accounts and re-adding them... hard resets, deleting dupt service books, etc. and i cant find anything that works.

any help would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance
    I have customized all my email accts (4 of them) and haven't had any problems. I customized the "normal" profile. Try customizing that instead of the loud profile. Also if that doesn't work then maybe you can try creating a profile of your own and see if that works for you. Good luck!!

flipkickz no está en línea Stack level 1

^ SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

editing "normal" or any of the other profiles had same effect, but was able to create my own profile and the changes stuck!!!

good looks, and thank you much!!!

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by flipkickz View Post
    ^ SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

editing "normal" or any of the other profiles had same effect, but was able to create my own profile and the changes stuck!!!

good looks, and thank you much!!!
    Good Job, You are very welcome. glad I was able to help!!