Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am looking for a lists of all the codes for the 8300. So far ... BlackBerry Curve forum

userlan667 no está en línea Stack level 2

BB 8300 Codes

Advertisement

I am looking for a lists of all the codes for the 8300. So far I have only found these:

ALT + N M L L On the Home screen Switches the signal strength from bars to a numeric value.

ALT + L G L G On the Home screen Displays the Java™ event log.

ALT + V I E W In an open message, or in an open personal information management (PIM) item
    For messages, displays the RefId and FolderId for that particular message.
    For PIM items, displays only the RefId.

ALT + C N F G On the Enterprise Activation screen Displays the advanced Enterprise Activation options.

ALT + CAP + H On the Home screen Displays the Help Me screen.

M E P D On the SIM Card Screen displays all SIM info

I know there has to be some more so I was wondering if anyone knows any more. Also it would be great if anyone could post the unlock code for the 8300 (I am just to lazy to call in to AT&T and wait 3 days before I get it) Thanks ^_^

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC

Re: BB 8300 Codes

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    These are new to me! Do you do the same code to return to default? Like the signal strength one....

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by userlan667
    Also it would be great if anyone could post the unlock code for the 8300 (I am just to lazy to call in to AT&T and wait 3 days before I get it) Thanks ^_^
    Each code is generated by AT&T, they arent all the same. Ive gotten two different ones so far for both my Curves Ive had.

ok, so the unlock codes are not like other phones. Well at least all the other codes are the same on every BB.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyPS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    These are new to me! Do you do the same code to return to default? Like the signal strength one....
    Yes, just reenter the code to go back the way it was before.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

userlan - call up ATT they gave me my unlock code instantly - and they will do the same for you if its available

HarryMonk no está en línea Stack level 2

It's really sad, but I find this very cool. The signal strength bar thing in particular, since I've been moaning about the Curve's apparent sensitivity to signals for a while.

I've just sat here and watched it go from 81 to 103 for no reason.

Can anyone confirm that the strength runs from 1-100?

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by HarryMonk
    Can anyone confirm that the strength runs from 1-100?
    No, it does not. It shows you the same information the HELP Screen does, meaning the information provided is the attenuation

It is a little more complex then I thouht it would be (I just looked it up). Lets see if I can explain it simply... The signal number that you are getting is relative to the amount of power that it takes to receive the signal. It ranges from 80 dBm (100 kW) to -∞ dBm (0.0 W). Cell Phones typically range from -60 to -80 dBm or 1000 to 10 pW. Lower the dBm less power you are using to receive the signal. You can go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DBm for more information.
    Last edited by userlan667; 06-19-2007 at 11:31 AM.

aaronlws no está en línea Stack level 1

re: calling AT&T for an unlock code - do they do this willingly and for free?

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by aaronlws
    Willingly, no, you have to ask. Yes its free.

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ very cool information on the signal numbers I always thought the negative numbers were bad. I hope I wasn't the only one

Quote Originally Posted by aaronlws
    In the US a cell phone service provider must give you the unlock code, by law, when you request it and for free.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Thumbs down Re: BB 8300 Codes

Quote Originally Posted by userlan667
    In the US a cell phone service provider must give you the unlock code, by law, when you request it and for free.
    however get this quote from emailed 2me 2day from cingular about my request for the unlock> we recently received a request to provide you with a subsidy unlock code for your handset. unfortunately we are unable to provide you with the unlock code. cingular does not unlock handsets for the purposes of international travel except for our international roaming customers..

Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy
    however get this quote from emailed 2me 2day from cingular about my request for the unlock> we recently received a request to provide you with a subsidy unlock code for your handset. unfortunately we are unable to provide you with the unlock code. cingular does not unlock handsets for the purposes of international travel except for our international roaming customers..
    Call them back and yell at them. If you want I will find you the law and send it to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast