Hi there, New to the forum. Wondering if you can have the BB 8300 Curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

attagirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile BB8300 :: Micro SD and messaging

Advertisement

Hi there,
    New to the forum. Wondering if you can have the BB 8300 Curve save email, call logs, IMs to the micro SD card instead of its 64mb of space?

Just installed a 2gb and would like all things to push to the new card.

Thoughts/comments? Much appreciated.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by attagirl View Post
    Hi there,
    New to the forum. Wondering if you can have the BB 8300 Curve save email, call logs, IMs to the micro SD card instead of its 64mb of space?

Just installed a 2gb and would like all things to push to the new card.

Thoughts/comments? Much appreciated.

Welcome atta, Sorry but the Media card is just that, it only allows Videos, pictures and music to be saved from the device to the card. you can use it has a jump drive but you have to have a PC to hook it to. I use it like that all the time.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

attagirl no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the help!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Also note that all of the applications installed on your bb can't be saved to your memory card either. Those are saved to your phone as well.

junoreactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2486B0D9
    Hello,

I just upgraded to an 8310 and got myself a 2Gb microSD card as well. I've download videos from the web and thought that I was saving them on the SD card. However, when I look at my available vs. total memory on the card (1.8Gb), it is the same number! What gives? Logic tells me that there should be less available memory than total memory. Maybe I am saving the files to my BB instead? How can I be sure? thanks!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by junoreactor View Post
    Hello,

I just upgraded to an 8310 and got myself a 2Gb microSD card as well. I've download videos from the web and thought that I was saving them on the SD card. However, when I look at my available vs. total memory on the card (1.8Gb), it is the same number! What gives? Logic tells me that there should be less available memory than total memory. Maybe I am saving the files to my BB instead? How can I be sure? thanks!
    What kind of files are you saving? When ever you save a file it should bring up a prompt where you can rename it and select the save path.