Is there an app or a process to tell which applications loaded onto our devices ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Battery Usage - ?

Advertisement

Is there an app or a process to tell which applications loaded onto our devices are using the most juice or determine which are having more negative impact on battery life than others?

Could just be me, but since installing the SimulSays Visual VM - my battery is draining much faster... I didn't think it to be an "always on" type of app - JiveTalk has been on here for a while, but I never noticed this type of battery use with it before recently... so, not sure if that's it or not -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Battery Usage - ?

i believe visual vm has to run all the time bc it actually forwards your calls to it's vm system. i heard it was a battery hog, along with many other issues not related to what you're discussing.

i have never heard of such an app to show you what task manager on a pc would show you.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Battery Usage - ?

Thx for the input Mud... i don't find Visual VM all that useful anyway... this puppy may bite the dust here soon -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD