Does anyone know of any reason my 8320 goes from a full battery to a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

insurer no está en línea Stack level 2

battery problem

Advertisement

Does anyone know of any reason my 8320 goes from a full battery to a complete discharge within 3 hrs? Happens w/2 different batteries, so it's not the battery.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sounds most like a situation where you don't have a signal (like you're getting a constant 'sos') and it's draining...or you have one or more applications running on the phone all the time and it (they) are using mucho power. Check those things - that's very abnormal for a healthy phone under normal circumstances.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

hagop37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244BE076
    I've seen where the device holds on to a "static charge." Best thing to do is remove your battery and keep it out overnight!

Then place back in your device. When the battery drains again, do not charge. Remove the battery, keep it out for a few minutes, then place it back in. Keep doing this until your know for sure the battery is drained...

no more apps running than before the problem, but I will try removing the battery all night, not recharging, etc. But it happpens with 2 separate batteries.

ribonuklea no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have found that certain themes drain my battery really quickly and that others can hold a charge for 2 days...try and go back to an original theme and see if problem goes away..
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mondmond no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the same problem. Last time, I just finish typing sms and it was full battery. But the battery was totally drain couple minutes later. When I picked up the phone the phone (I think is the battery) was hotter than it should be. Even I had a plastic case, I was able to feel the heat from the back side of the phone. I've tried changing battery, upgrating OS...etc. it doesn't help any. So, I believe that the problem is not on the battery. It's on the phone!!! Just because I have 5 fds are using curve and get the same problem.
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

you are correct, I believe. It is the phone, and no one seems to know why, or what to do about it. Frustrating!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    i've had my curve since it came out and have done a lot to it from installing apps/upgrading OS/etc. and have not had one single problem with the battery life of my phone...i would call your service provider and tell them the problem and see if they'll send you a replacement...otherwise go into your phone settings and turn down things like backlight, signal LED, timeout, etc. to help conserve your batteries lifespan...the battery itself may be bad as well (yes both batteries you have tried) you can try going to a t-mo store and see if they will swap batteries with you then spend a 30 minutes to an hour there and see what happens to the battery and show them if it's still a problem...hope this helps

thank you for the response