Ok, I have this annoying issue with my Curve 8310 (AT&T). There are weeks were ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brokenbricks no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery or Phone??

Advertisement

Ok, I have this annoying issue with my Curve 8310 (AT&T). There are weeks were I get home from work and never charge my phone and when I wake up it is still basically full. Then every so often.. BAM... when I wake up (after doing nothing different then before) the low battery indicator is on and my phone is about to die.

I can't understand how one moment I can go a couple days without charging and then the next it can't even sit idle for a night without the battery being drained.

I am not doing anything different with the phone when this happens. Anyone have any suggestions? Do you think it is a battery issue? a phone issue?

Thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Could be battery, battery meter in phone, phone, other. I think you're going to have to find a way to do some tests but it sounds like maybe your meter isn't showing the proper right condition. That could be the phone or just a component or ?

I haven't heard of this exact problem before - what OS are you using?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I was using the regular OS that came with the phone (bought about 6-8 months ago), and this has been happening for the last 2 months so I figured I would try out the new software to see if that fixed the issue but no luck. (4.5.0.42)

You might want to contact your provider with this issue to see if they've heard of it or you can get a replacement. It's going to be an iffy issue since it's such a goofy problem. Although I don't really suspect the battery, they might even replace it for you so that you can eliminate that.

You can "get by" from the sound of it, until you can figure out what's going on, by simply recharging your battery every night. I've been doing that for years with all my phones, BB's and others, without any problems.

Anyone else heard of this type problem - battery drain overnight.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Usually I keep it charged at work. I don't use it that often really. And when I get home I might get one or two calls. It is just weird how one day it will be fine (usually is fine for at least a week) then its like a switch and the battery drains really fast.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca
    I experienced this issue before on a 7100i that I owned. I found that the problem was in the device it's self and that it generally reported that the battery was 15 - 20% off what it really was. I came to the device conclusion after using 3 different battery's in the phone with no effect. Only way I found to fix the issue was get a new phone.

Maybe with diablo's experience you should at least pursue that with your carrier - start the ball rolling anyway.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think one of the problems with most BB's is the battery life. Mine seems to do that as well. I will charge it overnight and by noon, my battery is almost dead. I will keep it charged until I leave work, which is around 6pm. Depending on whether or not I am running Jivetalk, my battery dies by the end of the night. The charging cycle repeats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I think one of the problems with most BB's is the battery life. Mine seems to do that as well. I will charge it overnight and by noon, my battery is almost dead. I will keep it charged until I leave work, which is around 6pm. Depending on whether or not I am running Jivetalk, my battery dies by the end of the night. The charging cycle repeats.
    Kyo0t, Your problem sounds more like heavy (fairly constant) usage - that sounds normal to me if you use it a LOT during the day and night.

Brokenbricks seems to (appear to) stay charged up for several days and then suddenly the battery is nearly dead.