I have to charge my phone every day because it dies after 24 hours.... i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Gotzoom? no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Battery Not Holding Charge

Advertisement

I have to charge my phone every day because it dies after 24 hours....

i have no apps running and only use the browser occassionally... just got the phone in March and the battery life was good but now i am lucky if it lasts the day....

any suggestions or do i need to just call at&t and get a replacement battery since its still under the 1 year warranty? or is it the device itself??

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Something's not right, for sure. Start with the battery, but you should call Customer Service or take it into a store as it could also be a defect with the phone.

Gotzoom? no está en línea Stack level 2
    well i went to my local at&t store and they gave the number for the warranty exchange and am getting a new battery sent to me for free since its under warranty.....the store was gonna charge me $50 for one...

its weird though because so far today the battery is still full, its usually half empty by now... i think i have a jekyl and hyde battery!

disk no está en línea Stack level 1
    1 Check that there are no apps running in the background.
    Hold down Alt and press the Escape key to cycle through the open apps.
    (some default apps are always in that list, but other apps that were opened may also appear here if they were 'closed' using the Escape key, instead of Menu key->Close/Exit)

2 Check you don't have WiFi or bluetooth running (click on Manage Connections) as these kill the battery fast.

3 Check your profile settings, if there's a vibrate setting on this can drain the battery very quickly during the day. (I had mine set on silent with vibrate while at work, but as I get so many emails during the day it killed the battery)

4 Get an extended battery. (This is what I did in the end. The original battery is about 1000mAh. I got a 1500mAh, but you can get larger capacities, though they will have a new battery cover since it makes the phone a little bulkier. The 1500mAh doesn't change the phone size, which is why I went for that one.)