I just bought myself a curve 8310 last Friday, and it's so little compare to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

Battery life too short on a curve?

Advertisement

I just bought myself a curve 8310 last Friday, and it's so little compare to my old 8800 and 8700. Everything is good about this phone apart from the battery life. It only lasted for a day after a full charge, ye, I've been play with it, but 1day is just too short, it feels shorter than my 2 years old 8700 and not to mention the super long lasting 8800, is this normal? Thanks.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Granted I utilize my 8310 to its fullest potential. When I am at work I am using the mp3 player and playing music out of it and probably receiving and sending over 100 emails on a daily basis. I switch batteries out every 24 hours. That sounds bout right to me. I switched from a 8830 to the 8310 and I was complaining about it too. I got used to it and because I'm an admin I have multiple batteries on the fly if I were to run out of juice. I guess I'm lucky that way.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I went and shelled out the money for the extended batt from Seidio--and though it was $50 it was well worth it!!! Battery is only half empty at the end of the day and I am always using my phone!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I went and shelled out the money for the extended batt from Seidio--and though it was $50 it was well worth it!!! Battery is only half empty at the end of the day and I am always using my phone!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    hi, when you buy one of those extended cap batteries, do you have to buy that Seidio battery door because of the increased thickness of the battery?

thefruke no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2066CAD2
    They claim to send a free case since the battery beefs up the size a bit. If it's a normal day, my 8300 wont make it through the day. Also thinkin about getting one. Is it worth it?

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I find the battery life pretty short as well. Yeah, JiveTalk totally takes out the juice in my phone. I'll charge it overnight and by noon the next day, I have to recharge my phone. Then, after it's charged, I have to recharge it at the end of the night since it's almost dead by then.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    My battery life was shorter than I liked, until I started using the "Switch Application" option. I found out that I had multiple applications open that were using up battery that I wasn't aware of. Now, I'm very steadfast about closing apps via the menu rather than just backing out of them.

This improved my battery life quite a bit.

Lis
    Lis (not dead, but Berried)
    Music is feelings unspoken.

taimur no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think ur GPS is on somehow.
    If u use bb maps or google maps or any software that uses gps MAKE SURE U EXIT THE PROGRAM THRU ITS MENU rather than just pressing escape key.

At least that was the culprit when my 8310 was draining battery.