Hi every1 About two weeks ago,I upgraded my os 4.2 to 4.5 Rogers.I tell you ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ag_one80 no está en línea Stack level 3

battery life question?

Advertisement

Hi every1

About two weeks ago,I upgraded my os 4.2 to 4.5 Rogers.I tell you what everything is great except for one thing.I feel like my battery life has been sucking lately.has any1 had this problem before.and I have a 8310 form at&t.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I too have an 8310 from AT&T with the 4.5 update. I don't think mine is the Rogers OS, I think it's the Vodaphone version.

Regardless, I actually found my battery life to increase with the new OS. As anything else changed? Did you install any instant messaging clients? What applications are you constantly running?

I've found out that any Instant Messaging applications negatively affect battery life. When I'm running JiveTalk, my battery seems to last only about 24 hours where it used to last 36. I'm fine with this drain as I still get a full day, but it's something to keep in mind!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't have any instant message programs.I use my bbm a lot.but I've just starting to do a battery pull every night.I herd stating up ur bb take alittle more power.

puertoricokris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    i have a 8300 (pretty much the same as the 8310) and yeah my battery life went down a lil when i updated...but also how long have u had your 8310? my battery started getting worse and worse and today i just went and bought a new one...works great and the battery lasts like before i did the update. so if uve had ure phone for a while now...it could be you have been over charging you battery too much and the capacity isnt as great anymore...or you have some app running in the back ground that you didnt realize

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had my bb for almost half a year.and I almost turn off all the apps I run before I go to sleep.and I only charge my phone when the bar turn reds.you might me rite.my battery is just probley getting old.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    The one thing I would try before going out and buying a new battery is to run the phone till it completely dies. Then, charge it all the way back up interrupted.

This will theoretically reset the internal battery meter and perhaps it will start reading like it did before. Sometimes, with these types of batteries, the software gets confused and reports that the battery is almost dead when in reality, it will last a really long time. The first time I did this, it was on red for close to 10 hours before it died.

It's much debated, but doing this once a month will keep the battery meter and battery synced up.

Worth a try before dropping money on a new one.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

puertoricokris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Lol I wish I would have tried that before dropping $50 on a battery. O well my battery lasts forever now ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~