Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've been using my unlocked O2 Curve a month now. I find the battery life ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Battery life on the Curve

Advertisement

I've been using my unlocked O2 Curve a month now. I find the battery life quite good. Compared to my 8800 & 8700c, there is very little difference. Since I tend to use it more, of course I see a bit less battery life, but it all depends on usage. The most important thing for me to note is there is not a drastic difference. I'm very happy with all aspects of the device, have had not one problem, and it's used heavily every day.

Cheers.....

uvamack no está en línea Stack level 2

Well I just returned from AT&T and they replaced my Curve no problem with a new one. He said that you aren't supposed to charge it for more than 3 hours or it can damage the battery. I told him that I often do charge it overnight, and he said that isn't recommended. I will see how this goes and will keep you posted. Thanks

Dez
    Dez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249F9F19

I'm on day 3 with my Curve and have only charged it once. I have been told that once your phone charge has completed, it will stop charging in order to not damage the battery.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I think the curve battery needs a few days to get in the cycle. My battery life has only gotten better with use. After week 1 I'd say my battery is equal to my 8700 if not better.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kpfury no está en línea Stack level 2

my curve lasted a full 2 days with heavy usage of email, MP3 player (played at least 15-20 full-length songs), browser, and instant messenger connected thru JiveTalk for almost half that time. Granted, i didnt use the phone much (only 15 min worth), and no bluetooth, but i did take a few pics w/ flash as well. Is this considered a good battery life?

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Battery life on the Curve

Quote Originally Posted by kpfury
    my curve lasted a full 2 days with heavy usage of email, MP3 player (played at least 15-20 full-length songs), browser, and instant messenger connected thru JiveTalk for almost half that time. Granted, i didnt use the phone much (only 15 min worth), and no bluetooth, but i did take a few pics w/ flash as well. Is this considered a good battery life?

I use the phone a lot more than 15 minutes a day.....more like 60 minutes/day and the battery life was miserable on the Curve. I remember using older Blackberries and they lasted days, but I suspect they will work this out over time with software tweaks, or at least an extended battery. It just felt like it was not in the tradition of past Blackberries where you could count on days of service without charging.

Well I am on day 4 with my replacement curve and I am encountering the same battery issues. It was 90% this morning and now it is 11pm and I am at 20% battery life. I didn't use the device heavily all today. my 8700g is going strong on a 3 day old charge and moderate phone and email uesage. I called AT&T and they weren't anware of any issues, so they gave me the customer service # for RIM. AT&T recommended me taking the phone back into the store for another one. It just seems more device related than anything, and if I return this one I may have the same issues. I will note that the keyboard and trackball work better on this one than my last. I don't have a case for this puppy yet, is that making a difference on the battery life? Will the Curve go into standby mode even though it isn't in a case or holster? My 8700g is in a holster all the time and goes 3-4 days on a charge. I have made all the recommendd changes to conserve battery life. Only app running all the time is Jive Talk, but it is in battery save mode. How can I check to see what is running? I have other 3rd party apps installed but I don't think they are being used unless I access them.

Any suggestions?

Battery problem resolved

Well I will have to step up to the plate and admit, there wasn't a battery related issue when it came to my Curve. I was using my Motorola BT headset charger for my Curve. I used it before with my 8700 no problems. Yesterday night, I finally put two and two together. I looked at the output voltage on the Blackberry charger and then the Motorola charger. The Motorola only puts out 5V and the Blackberry charger puts out 7V. So my apologies for wasting people's time, but the problem is now resolved!!! It holds a charge much longer now!!! Although I did return my first Curve to the store for a replacement, this new one is definitely better with respect to the quality of the trackball and the keyboard works better. On my last Curve, all keys right of the trackball were raised higher than the right side. I feel so stupid.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

I have to actually admit that Im getting better battery life than I expected. I did almost 200 texts today, about 20 mins of phone calls, a couple times of websurfing and had bluetooth on all day.

I took it off the charger at 730 this morning, its now 1030 and Ive still got 70% left. Im wicked happy.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by uvamack
    Well I just returned from AT&T and they replaced my Curve no problem with a new one. He said that you aren't supposed to charge it for more than 3 hours or it can damage the battery. I told him that I often do charge it overnight, and he said that isn't recommended. I will see how this goes and will keep you posted. Thanks
    WOW That rep is misinformed and doesn't know what the heck he's talking about (typical of Cingular/AT&T).

I charge my Pearl overnight every other night and the battery life has gotten better and better. I know it's an extended battery but I refuse to use the yellow battery that came with the original Pearl (I'm on my 2nd T-Mo black Pearl since January). When I got the first one, I was only getting 1 day out of it until I ordered both batteries. With the larger battery (not in use because I need a new door for it), after conditioning, I get 3 days out of it. With the slim extended battery, I get 2 days out of it unless I use it non stop then I only get one.

It is recommended to charge the Li-Ion battery as much as possible because if they get too low, there goes your device's info unless you have it backed up on a PC. Ni-Cad batteries don't do this.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

My battery life seems to nothing but get better. Even with gtalk always running in the background.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Corbett no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Battery problem resolved

Quote Originally Posted by uvamack
    Well I will have to step up to the plate and admit, there wasn't a battery related issue when it came to my Curve. I was using my Motorola BT headset charger for my Curve. I used it before with my 8700 no problems. Yesterday night, I finally put two and two together. I looked at the output voltage on the Blackberry charger and then the Motorola charger. The Motorola only puts out 5V and the Blackberry charger puts out 7V. So my apologies for wasting people's time, but the problem is now resolved!!! It holds a charge much longer now!!! Although I did return my first Curve to the store for a replacement, this new one is definitely better with respect to the quality of the trackball and the keyboard works better. On my last Curve, all keys right of the trackball were raised higher than the right side. I feel so stupid.
    That is priceless! LOL!

Serisouly though, Im glad it worked out for you.

It's priceless alright. HA HA. Just glad the nightmare is over and I can enjoy the Curve. It is taking some getting used to coming from the 8700, but it is growing on me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12