Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just picked up my Curve Tuesday and I have notice the battery life is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

uvamack no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery life on the Curve

Advertisement

I just picked up my Curve Tuesday and I have notice the battery life is terrible. The battery doesn't last an entire day and I am not receiving a ton of email, nor making lots of calls. Theo nly app running is Jive Talk, and that is just running i nthe background. Is anyone else having this issue? I wanted to see if others were having the same problem before I go back and ask for a replacement. I came from an 8700g where I could charge it every 3 days or so and use it extensively.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Battery life on the Curve

I fine battery life is less than with my 8700 ans possibly somewhat less than the Pearl. Browsing or other data use really does drain the curves battery. I don't know how often your jive talk app jumps out and checks for your friends status but I imagine that it's not a neglegible amout.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

So far so good. I'm averaging 2 days of heavy usage. It almost sounds like you have a bad battery. Take it back and get them to replace the battery.
    Gruv15
    "Somethings wrong with my phone!!!"
    "Of course there is, it's not a BlackBerry!!!"

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by uvamack
    I just picked up my Curve Tuesday and I have notice the battery life is terrible. The battery doesn't last an entire day and I am not receiving a ton of email, nor making lots of calls. Theo nly app running is Jive Talk, and that is just running i nthe background. Is anyone else having this issue? I wanted to see if others were having the same problem before I go back and ask for a replacement. I came from an 8700g where I could charge it every 3 days or so and use it extensively.

Make sure you have battery saver checke in Jivetalk as well.....

courtbabe no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the same issues! My battery life is absolutely terrible I have been fully charging it, and withing 30 minutes of disconnecting from the charger the battery life is already below full. Is there a stronger battery available for the phone?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I'd get a replacement battery. Yes the battery life on the 8700 was great. I keep putting my 8300 on the charger. I'll leave it off for the rest of the day with googletalk running and see how it goes. Do you have bluetooth on? That can add drain as well.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

I guess I need to do more testing, but it seems better than before.

I think one of the main issues that was draining my battery was my Bluetooth headet. I still might go get another battery just in case. Thanks for your help!!!

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Battery life on the Curve

I found the battery life on the BB 8300/Curve (Not quite a day of use) to be far inferior to my 8700g (3 days of use) and I had no additional applications running...just the phone and push email. I sent the unit back, got another one...same issue. I liked the phone...too bad, the 8300 is not the phone for me.

bbcus no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had 2 curves now in 1 week. The first curve had a speakerphone malfunction and wouldn't work. So the ringer didn't work either. My second has the battery issue. I'm a little frusterated but am willing to try a few things out before I call no joy. My first experiment was to drain the battery down to red then turn off the phone. I then charged it on OFF for the night. I have made a couple calls and sent a few emails and still full power this morning, but the real test will be using my bt headset and telenav gps at the same time. I figure a few nights of this recharging should help since I have read that these batteries get better over time when you drain them and charge them. If that doesn't work I'll go back to my 8700c or as I like to call it, The Bull Dog.

BC

tadruby no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24051EA8

I have had my Curve for a week now and the battery life is very good. Heavy phone , email usage and bluetooth stereo usage (60 minutes) and can get 2 days out of the unit between charges.

I would think you have a bad unit or battery.

Tom

Well My Curve was at 100% at 8am this morning, not it's at 35%. I used the BT for 5 mins, and got a few emails. I have made all recommended adjustments. I spoke with AT&T and they told me to bring it back in and they will swap it for a new one. I am taking it in tomorrow and I will keep you posted.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Battery life on the Curve

Quote Originally Posted by uvamack
    Well My Curve was at 100% at 8am this morning, not it's at 35%. I used the BT for 5 mins, and got a few emails. I have made all recommended adjustments. I spoke with AT&T and they told me to bring it back in and they will swap it for a new one. I am taking it in tomorrow and I will keep you posted.
    Good luck....I tried this return idea twice and finally gave up on the Curve. They will probably solve the issue with software upgrades, but it should have been done out of the gate. I think they rushed the release on the Curve to beat the iPhone to the marketplace, and it was not quite ready for prime time.

I'm sticking with my 8700g for the moment as it runs for 3 days on a charge. As an aside, my friend has an 8800 and he said the battery life is quite good...2 to 3 days.

I am with you on that Wclyffe. I am actually leaning towards just a return in general. It is a bit tough to adjust to the cramped keyboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast