Assuming I don't have a data plan but is connected to wifi constantly, how long ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3

Battery life connected to Wifi/no data?

Advertisement

Assuming I don't have a data plan but is connected to wifi constantly, how long will the battery life last? Let's say moderate use of jivetalk and a little bit of browsing.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    36 hours, 27 minutes and 3 seconds. Welcome to Pinstack, thanks for joining and please forgive my fictitious answer.

I'm sure you realize that my answer is ridiculous ... and your question is impossible to answer. Constant wi-fi combined with "moderate use" (what's moderate?) of Jivetalk and a "little bit" (what's a little bit?) of browsing. It will last longer than if you used heavy jivetalk and heavy browsing.

A more sensible answer is that your battery will last through the day and, if you want to NOT let it run down simply plug it in to your charger when you go to bed and, the next day, you're ready for a new start. Happy stacking.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Obviously I wasn't looking for an exact answer =)

I just needed to know it will last me long enough and if it will "last through the day", then I suppose that is good enough.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    It'll surely last through the day unless you're a very heavy user. Then you might start considering one of the extra-life batteries like the one from Seidio. Several Pinstackers have used them and like them a lot. Post back if you find your battery doesn't last through the day with your usage.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I leave my wifi on all day long. Half the day I'm connected and half I'm on EDGE only. I'm a heavy user and my battery lasts almost a full day.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I have been comparing my 8820 to my new 8120 with Wi-Fi left on all day, as I use it everyday, everywhere. I'm finding that the two of them are really close. I can get a full days worth of work from both of them without having to recharge the battery.
    Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've found that switching from automatic to manual WiFi selection mode considerably improves battery life. Under my WiFi use, I get a couple of days.

volkanerkan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    Hey

My 8320 goes 36 hours in heavy usage

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Usarmyaircav no está en línea Stack level 2
    similar question.
    Due to company policy about mp3's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,
    I have been using my phone to listen to music through out the day, while plugged into usb on my pc. Then on the way home I talk to my better half for about 30 minutes, (nice commute).

I forgot my usb cable and don't have a charger with me. How likely is the standard battery to last the whole day of mp3 playing and then a 30 minute conversation? My phone is about a month old, so the battery is pretty new.