My original curve which I purchased in June 07 had a great battery life wouldn't ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Bouluki no está en línea Stack level 1

Battery life from 1st curve compared to new curve

Advertisement

My original curve which I purchased in June 07 had a great battery life wouldn't go bellow 80-75% for full days use say 8am-11pm. The other day I got a new curve under warranty from the AT&T corporate repair store which I’m assuming is a refurbished. They said they gave me my battery and simcard form my old phone for the new phone; however the battery life sucks now its like between 50-60 % for a full days use. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or experienced this kind of problem before?
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are you running the exact same setup as your previous device? Like the same applications and OS and all that jazz.

Idk about the os i used what it came with on the first one but i did notice there was some extra applicationsbut i don't use them like the music apps, streaming music and music id, plus some extra shop stuff like shop applications, shop multimedia, could that extra stuff be killing the battery even though i don't use it?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If its running in the background then yes it will affect you battery. If its just installed and you're not running them you should be fine.

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    All thos icons you mentioned are nothing more than quick links to At&t crap services and they don't actually run at all. So the answer is ultimately no, they won't hurt your battery life.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Did you mark your battery before you sent it back to AT&T. Its possible they sent you a different crappy battery...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Another reason I love T-Mo. They send you replacement devices WITHOUT a battery, door and SIM card and allow you to keep using what you had before (Does AT&T/Cingular do this?). The only times I got new doors, batteries and cards were when I got my ORIGINAL 7730, 7100t, 7105t and 8100.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    How long have you had this new phone/battery?

A lot of times it takes several charge cycles to get the battery up to its full potential.

Give it several charge cycles and see if you notice any improvements.

AT&T has stores strickly for repair/warrenty, no sales at all. So I went to one of them and they took my phone for like ten minutes then gave me a new refurbished one back and said they switched my sim and battery into the new phone. so i'm not sure maybe they did switch my battery and gave me a bad one. Thanks for all your help.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thank goodness no one asked to take my phone out of my sight when I had to replace my SIM card 3 months ago. They did it in front of me and I saw them. They didn't take anything out of my phone.