Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I started this thread and have realized one thing.... My battery still sucks. Lol ¤Via ... BlackBerry Curve forum

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

Advertisement

I started this thread and have realized one thing.... My battery still sucks. Lol

¤Via Curvelicious¤

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Well I didn't manage to change out the battery. This leads me to one conclusion. I have been working at a desk for the past few weeks due to a back injury and not out on the street. I have been off for the past two days and noticed that the battery consumption has been back to normal. It has to be the building I am in and the phone constantly searching for service!!!
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Well I just ordered the 1500

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Are you sure ??

Haha, I'm so addicted!!
    Azstar, you must be...and you could probably give us all lessons about "how to do anything with a BB" if you ever have the time.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Azstar, you must be...and you could probably give us all lessons about "how to do anything with a BB" if you ever have the time.
    Haha, not even close.....but I wish!!! I'm learning every day though

dubie, glad you figured out the problem!!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    ..............It has to be the building I am in and the phone constantly searching for service!!!
    That'll do it! If you have no service your phone will try to find a signal with its last "breath" (or battery cycle.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ biggest thing I have learned about batteries these days is you must do complete load cycles on the battery ever few to every other week. What I mean by this is run the battery tottally down til the phone/computer/device shuts itself off then recharge it fully then don't plug it in again til it dies again, then recharge. This let's the info cells and battery memory know exactly how much life your battery has and keeps it in memory and keeps the longgevity up.

I do this with my phones and laptops.

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    CDMA uses more battery than our GSM counterparts - it is a fact and is due to the radio technologies.

With respect to charging cycles - it is not necessary. In fact it will decrease your battery life. Li Ion batteries love to be charged. Charge and top off whenever you can.
    Last edited by rweckhoff; 08-27-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rweckhoff View Post
    CDMA uses more battery than our GSM counterparts - it is a fact and is due to the radio technologies.

With respect to charging cycles - it is not necessary. In fact it will decrease your battery life. LiIon battery love to be charged. Charge and top off whenever you can.
    I agree and I've read somewhere that it could damage your BB to let it cycle down til it runs out of power completely.

Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ biggest thing I have learned about batteries these days is you must do complete load cycles on the battery ever few to every other week. What I mean by this is run the battery tottally down til the phone/computer/device shuts itself off then recharge it fully then don't plug it in again til it dies again, then recharge. This let's the info cells and battery memory know exactly how much life your battery has and keeps it in memory and keeps the longgevity up.

I do this with my phones and laptops.
    Maz, Check out this thread for some info on lithium type batteries. If you don't want to read the whole article, see Simple Guidelines at the bottom of the article.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12