Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have noticed that since I got my 8330 that the battery life drops very ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Battery life?

Advertisement

I have noticed that since I got my 8330 that the battery life drops very quickly. I would say that started to drop faster about a week or so after I got it. NO I haven't put any additional 3rd part programs on it. None. I have 2 email accounts on it, and that's it. Any ideas? Is this normal? My 8130 seemed to last longer than the 8330 does.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Something's going on. Are you spending time in a different area than you used to or are you noticing any periods of no signal (sos) on you 8330? Look for differences. Assuming that you have made no 3d party software changes or OS changes you can eliminate those two things. So....you have to figure out what's different.

It may be true that the 8330 uses more power than the 8130 - I don't know about that. How much faster is your battery going down (than on the 8130?)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Nothing out of the ordinary that I know of. maybe it just took this long to realize how much it uses from the 8130. I am thinking about the 1800mAH battery upgrade. Just need to find it cheap on eBay or something.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

How much is it using? % of battery, what time of day? Do you start with a full charge. How often are you recharging?...that type stuff?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Charges all night, then just normal usage. Seems that the battery is drained below half by the time I get home after 8-9 hours of work. Off and on with the phone. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I am going to try a spare battery that I have. well see if that takes care if it.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

That seems a little excessive. I have the 8320, it's 7pm here and my battery is at 80%. Try the different battery for a day and see if that changes anything.

Maybe another 8330 owner will jump in and give us an idea of what's normal for them.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Get the extended battery from www.seidio.com
    You just might have a bad battery there, Dub.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I'd have to agree with jblackfish. Unless I'm listening/watching moodio/youtube etc...excessively throughout the day the oem battery is fine with normal use. I'm at 80% right now at 8:30pm.

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    I find using bluetooth and phone for calls, emails, surfing net a bit my 8330 CDMA
    Curve gets to abot 30pct by the end of ther day.
    I purchased the seidio extended battery and it goes to 65% by end of day. If I surf a lot or use viigo a lot I find battery loss even more.
    I also think the CDMA versions may take more battery life away faster, but that is just what I heard.
    Make sure if you actovate bluetooth you shut it off during times you are not using the earpiece and you will save a good amt of life.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I typically use 50-75 percent of my battery daily with my 8330, that was the same with my 8130. I am browsing and posting on PinStack all throughout the day(my day starts at 6am), using BBM, google talk, and Yahoo IM. I'm also talking a bit, texting, reading viigo threads, recieving and replying to emails on 5 accounts, and I have quite a few 3rd party apps. The only thing that makes it run down faster is if I spend a lot of time listening to internet radio and streaming podcasts on BerryTunes, then I usually swap batteries or plug it in to charge right after dinner.

You may have a bad battery, especially since you say it got worse about 1 week after you got it........post back and let us know how the other battery worked out.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cbresciani no está en línea Stack level 2
    Boy do I feel like a slacker! I must not use my Berry close to the amount of time most of you do. I charged my new 1500 battery Friday night when I got it, put it in my phone Saturday morning, my Curve automatically turns on at 6:30am daily and turns off at 9:30pm daily and my battery is at 20% as we speak, it's 5:00pm Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by cbresciani View Post
    Boy do I feel like a slacker! I must not use my Berry close to the amount of time most of you do. I charged my new 1500 battery Friday night when I got it, put it in my phone Saturday morning, my Curve automatically turns on at 6:30am daily and turns off at 9:30pm daily and my battery is at 20% as we speak, it's 5:00pm Tuesday!
    Well, azstart obviously is a major user of her BB. I don't use mine nearly that much either...somewhere between the two of you. The sun will still rise in the east and the world will still spin.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    The sun will still rise in the east and the world will still spin.
    Are you sure ??

Haha, I'm so addicted!!

cbresciani no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm sure I will use mine more the longer I have it, but I'm still pretty new to the Berry world!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast