Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got this curve maybe 3 months ago and the battery today for example ... BlackBerry Curve forum

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

battery life?

Advertisement

I just got this curve maybe 3 months ago and the battery today for example is already at 55% and its been unplugged since 6am. 2 ten min phone calls and 3 texts. Does Jivetalk running in the backround use that much? Plus my gmail is running too. Should I buy a better battery? I don't want a better battery if it means a thicker one. Anyone else having this issue?

¤Via Curvelicious¤
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B
    seido has really good batteries. i think they are almost twice the capacity but still the same size. a buddy of mine has one in his curve and loves it.

i guess maybe give that a shot?

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Seidio has 2 extended batteries. one is like 1500mah with is about 20 to 30% more power than the standard and is the same size. The other battery is the extended battery which I have and love. However is is thicker and comes with a new "rubberized" back cover that fits the extension.
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Thanks. I will look into it. But I don't like the thicker back

¤Via Curvelicious¤

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mine lasts for like 4 days and I chat a LOT, but its good practice to drain your battery to zero once a month or 2 to keep the energy circulating. If you charge at 50percent always, over time the unused energy can become unusable due to it being to old and dies. Some may disagree with me, and that's ok, I used to work with geek squad so I don't know a bit about thrse things. Hopfuly it helps

Also most carriers will provide you with a new battery within 1 year if your having trubles

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    The browser and jivetalk continuously running can kill a battery. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    o yea how fast I'm not sure ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Quote Originally Posted by xaroc View Post

Mine lasts for like 4 days and I chat a LOT, but its good practice to drain your battery to zero once a month or 2 to keep the energy circulating. If you charge at 50percent always, over time the unused energy can become unusable due to it being to old and dies. Some may disagree with me, and that's ok, I used to work with geek squad so I don't know a bit about thrse things. Hopfuly it helps

Also most carriers will provide you with a new battery within 1 year if your having trubles
    4 days?? You kidding?

BIGTONY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~running those other programs in the background will definetely drain it quickly, also if your BT is on it'll have the same effect.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    no BT on but does anyone else have jivetalk and their email running?
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Yeah I run jivetalk all the time in the background. My phone dies throughout the day but not 50% in 4 hrs.

I have noticed that the battery life of my current 8330 is not as great as my 8320 that I had. This 8330 I have now has the battery life of my 8320 if I was using wifi and uma calling all day!

My 8330 right now gets me through the day and I use phone calls about 1 hour a day, browse the web, use jivetalk, send some texts, send about 15 emails but receive a lot more.

I too may go get the seidio battery.

Who ever said theirs last 4 days, they must have the gsm version or the hugh battery. Cause on a cdma version I don't see how that's possible otherwise!!!

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    yeah me neither, 4 days is crazy. My battery has never died during the day. It does last me till I go to bad, maybe once or twice a week I will get the low battery signal while im in bed. But between jive and gmail, my battery is gettin worked! lol

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    my Curve only burned about 30% or less in about 8 hours with the default AIM client from BlackBerry running all day long and about 15 emails; 25 text and mild internet usage.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Actually when I was using the 7100 series I could get 3 or 4 days out of a charge. But now with the 8100 series even with an OEM sized extended battery, I'm lucky if I get 2 days using the following:

BBMessenger
    Email
    Pin Messages
    Games

I do have JiveTalk and other apps running in the background but I try to close them when finished.

I also charge nightly or in the morning when I wake up.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    my jive is on 24 hours a day. I charge every morning b4 work for about 40 mins. It is 100% when I leave for work.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast