Is the 8310 battery life short? Seems to not last that long, or is it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BlackCaviar no está en línea Stack level 3

Battery Life

Advertisement

Is the 8310 battery life short?
    Seems to not last that long, or is it just me, owned the 8800c and lasted very long

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Battery Life

they were just talking about it over here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_getting.html
    might not be just your model

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ do you save battery life when the wireless indicator light is turned off?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I'm sure you do but barely noticeable I assume. It can't use that much power... but who knows. I guess try turning it off for a day and evaluate

jen86fur no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20f7ac61

i think that the battery on tmo's 8320 lasts longer than tmo's pearl....

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by jen86fur View Post
    much agreed

rebeccayala no está en línea Stack level 1

I work with ATT and I have the 8310 and I was having the same issue with mine. What I found out is that I was charging my phone with a non blackberry charger. That kills your battery life time. It messes up the battery and might have to get a new one. Fortunely I didn't I just started charging it with the blackberry charger and with a blackberry car charger~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

djoseph2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

can i purchase the blackberry data plan online?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Someone else was complaining recently about the same thing and come to find out they had recently loaded Berry411. Even tough they had the GPS turned off, when they loaded Berry 411 on the device it initially for the location is not set to work or home, but GPS and this was somehow accessing the internal GPS ad draining the battery (even though all controls said the GPS was turned off). When they opened the application and set the location to default to home or work, then they said that their battery life returned to the same as their 8300 that they had replaced recently. The moral is to make sure that the GPS on this device is off as it will eat the battery charge, Many have found that you have to exit the GPS properly not just escape out, as when you escape out the GPS keeps running and updating itself whether you are changing locations or not and the battery dies rather quickly. Hope this helps. AS for usng a non BB charger, should make no difference, the only thing that it could do is if the voltage i and current out is too great it could short out the charging path or heat up the battery too much and destroy the cells (although I have never heard or a charger with the capabilities to do this to the BB but still could happen). On the flip side, if the voltage and current are too ;pw it will take forever to fully charge the battery and may never charge it at all, but in this case it will neither hurt the BB or destroy the charger. Lots of people on the Stacks and other forums are using their old Motorola chargers to charge their BB rather than purchase the BB OEM ones (having said that though, you can never go wrong with the BB OEM chargers).

Quote Originally Posted by jen86fur View Post
    It does and it should as it is a larger battery (not by much but something like 100 or 200 mAh, I can't remember exactly).

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im constantly shooting off emails and texts through out the day.10 hour work days that doesn't include hours used before and after work. Should I consider a better battery??? Thanks in advance!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I work 12 hour days and get about 100-200 emails a day and have various phone, surfing, and music usage with BT and WIFI on constantly and the standard battery lasts me about 2-2.5 days before needing a charge (and the device is never shut off it is on 24/7). I would guess you should be fine.

bryanus no está en línea Stack level 2

I feel that my 8320 battery doesn't last as long as my Pearl. It goes from full to about 2 bars in a day, which is as far as I can stand before I feel I have to recharge it. This is from very light talking; but I do more browsing over WiFi.

The mention of not using a 3rd party charger diminishing battery life doesn't make any sense to me. I use a Motorola mini-USB charger at home, and the OEM BB one at the office.