i have a brand new 8900 and my battery life is terrible , does not ... BlackBerry Curve forum

saskey no está en línea Stack level 1

battery life

Advertisement

i have a brand new 8900 and my battery life is terrible , does not even compare to my 8320
    no apps are running i hardly use it cuz i dont have my data plan on it yet since i prefer my 8320 battery life do u think the battery is faulty or is it a software issue?
    (the phone spend most of its time in the pouch)

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hi and welcome to Pinstack. Do you have GPS, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi enabled? These will all drain the device quickly if they're all left on at the same time. Also, what carrier are you with? I hate to say it, but the stock OS' on the 8900 with T-Mo was terrible with battery life. Lastly, when you do use applications, are you simply hitting the 'end' key, or are you utilizing the 'Close' or 'Exit' function within the app? When you don't use those, the apps are just put in the background and continue to run, draining battery life and eating up memory.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    Put a few full charges into the battery. And like mentioned above make sure all apps are off and wifi, gps, and BT are off
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

rubbles88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    There seems to be an issue with the OEM pouch that came with the Curve 8900. I stopped using the pouch and battery life has been great. Google for "Battery life 8900: Great without holster/pouch and rubbish WITH holster/pouch". I tried to post a link to the forum thread but I am somehow restricted.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by rubbles88 View Post
    There seems to be an issue with the OEM pouch that came with the Curve 8900. I stopped using the pouch and battery life has been great. Google for "Battery life 8900: Great without holster/pouch and rubbish WITH holster/pouch". I tried to post a link to the forum thread but I am somehow restricted.

Yeah, until you get like 20 posts under your belt, it wont allow you to post links. Just another safeguard built into the stacks.

Hope this helps . . .

THB
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Yeah, until you get like 20 posts under your belt, it wont allow you to post links. Just another safeguard built into the stacks.

Hope this helps . . .

THB
    Oh ok. Thanks.

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    This whole pouch thing seems pretty interesting (lost mine anyway, left on some girls car) Was it not allowing the bb to keep cool or just pressing the key on it constantly?
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

Quote Originally Posted by zipporic View Post
    This whole pouch thing seems pretty interesting (lost mine anyway, left on some girls car) Was it not allowing the bb to keep cool or just pressing the key on it constantly?
    From the discussion at Blackberry's forum, it seems the issue is on the key being pressed. I noticed this too when I put the phone in the holster. A work around was to manually put the phone on standby mode first before putting it in the holster. However, battery life was still shorter when using the holster than when not using the holster.

i dont use gps or bluetooth or any of that stuff cuz i am not full using my 8900 yet i am kinda like feild testing but my battery does no last the whole day( the last 5% last the longest)

oh and why cant i find my blackberry maps icon , i see it my list of app but i cant find it and all of my icons are set to be shwon