Hey, So about 2 weeks ago i noticed that my 8310 battery drains to below ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jekko1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Battery Issues out of no where

Advertisement

Hey,

So about 2 weeks ago i noticed that my 8310 battery drains to below 50% by the end of the day. It used to be around 75% at the end up the day or higher.

I charge the blackberry every night to 100% and by morning usually 6-8 hours later its back down to 85%.

I have pulled the battery, pulled battery and SIM card, deleted some applications I thought was draining the power and still the battery is dying on me.

Anyone have any ideas?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Battery Issues out of no where

Check this thread.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._when_off.html

I think this guys problem turned out to be Google Maps.

If not that, check your features and applications like bluetooth, etc. for something that might not shut down complete with a power off. How are you powering off the BB?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thinking about it I think it started when Telenav could not find a GPS signal and I had to use Google Maps. I have gone back into google maps to make sure the map is clear and it is not running by Exiting the program. I even after that pulled the battery and sim card for 3 minutes so I dont think its GM that is the weird drain on my battery.

I also did that short cut to see what programs were running and GM was not one of them listed....its a mystery to me...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

This also happens (pretty fast) if you experience long periods in areas of no service and your phone is continuously searching for a signal. I've had it drain my BB completely in a few hours when I've been stationary and didn't realize that there was no service. In that case about the only thing to do is turn off the phone until you get back into an area where there's a signal.

Is your bluetooth on? That might account for some extra drain. Nothing else pops up for me now. Maybe someone will jump in with an idea.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Im good with service it never drops below losing one bar. I dont use bluetooth but I appriciate the help and the ideas.

I am thinking of maybe deleting Google Maps and seeing if that helps.

I will see if anyone else has any ideas first....Thanks for all your help

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

I charge my battery overnight and by noon, I have to recharge it again. Then around nighttime, 8-10pm, it dies again. I think it's because of JiveTalk, but I am not sure. If you happen to have Jivetalk, maybe that is something you need to log off to conserve battery.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

yes, JiveTalk will suck the life out of your battery. hopefully they will improve the battery consumption w/ subsequent releases. i noticed this a few weeks ago after installing JT. my battery, w/ moderate usage and JT, barely makes it through a 16 hour day w/ great signal strength.

Thumbs down Re: Battery Issues out of no where

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle View Post
    yes, JiveTalk will suck the life out of your battery. hopefully they will improve the battery consumption w/ subsequent releases. i noticed this a few weeks ago after installing JT. my battery, w/ moderate usage and JT, barely makes it through a 16 hour day w/ great signal strength.

I know, it's sooo frustrating!!! I'm charging my battery AGAIN though I just charged it overnight for 10 something hours. I know I have to charge it again tonight. Same routine every single day... Booooo

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The majority of battery problems are usually occuring with the installed applications. Like all the stackers are saying keeping in mind which app are running in the background.

GPS, connectivity issues, constant data tranfer and many other things are the main thing you should keep an eye on.

Other things like keeping the autodim on, the screen brightness low, not having vibrate on etc.

Good luck narrowing it down.

Thanks reddog. I know that JiveTalk definitely drains my battery. Also, here's a pointer for everyone else who may or may not have a car charger. Car chargers are bad and will mess up your battery. Always try charging from a home charger. As of right now, I'm just going to buy a bunch of brand new batteries and keep them handy.

I got an update! I called ATT and asked them what the heck is up with my Blackberry. There were really nice and asked me to hold on as she checks out her manual to see if this is a common problem. A few minutes later she comes back on the phone and says they are shipping me a new Blackberry. I had the phone for about 6 months and just got the new one in the mail. They didn't send a new battery with the phone which I thought was weird but maybe there was a problem with the original 8310's that they shipped out to the stores.

Hmm, that is very interesting. I will try to give them a call when I have time to see if I could get a battery replacement as well.

Glad to help! I deleted every 3rd part app off my phone and the battery was still dying at least 15% over night it must be something with the phone becuase they were quick to give me a replacement.

I know that the reason why my battery dies all the time is because of Jivetalk. I have Yahoo! Go, but I don't think that is the problem. Well, I'm going to call them and see if a battery replacement is do-able. I've gone through two batteries already though.. not through them. I went out and bought them on my own. Well anyhow, I'm only a phone call away. Thanks again Jekko.