I was given a Blackberry Curve 8300 by a friend who had not used it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

thatomass no está en línea Stack level 1

Battery Issues-BB 8300 Curve

Advertisement

I was given a Blackberry Curve 8300 by a friend who had not used it in a while. Apparently it has issues but if at all possible I would like to rehabilitate it so to speak and use it. After spending a significant amount of time on the site researching, I was unable to find anything even remotely close to my issue. Here is the rundown:

Basically it seems to me that the unit is not acknowledging that the battery is in the unit. When I place the battery in the unit, all i see is an icon that has a battery with a "no smoking" type symbol over the top of it. I have tried leaving on the charger for days both in the phone and in a separate cradle type charger I have. After having charged the battery in the cradle I know it has power when I try it in the unit again. I have two batteries and it acts the same with both, so i can reasonably assume the batteries are not the problem. Any suggestions?

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

Re: Battery Issues-BB 8300 Curve

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well its only does that when you put a battery from another blackberry like the pearl what color are your batteries

one is yellow and the other is white...i think it is an aftermarket or looks like it anyway. I assumed the yellow one was the original because it actually says blackberry on it. what color are they supposed to be?

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

one is yellow and the other is white...i think it is an aftermarket or looks like it anyway. I assumed the yellow one was the original because it actually says blackberry on it. what color are they supposed to be?
    I am no expert on this, so I am not sure they are the same however I would assume they should be.

But in my 8320 the batt. is blue and grey Bat # on the back of the battery BAT-06860-003

And welcome to the Stack's
    Last edited by FroggyStyle; 02-02-2008 at 08:58 PM.

I've been looking around on the net and it looks like they are blue! Thanks for the help! I'm glad it appears to be an easy fix!!!! Thanks again!!

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea you need a blue battery

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

The yellow battery is the one I got in my Pearl. Just peeked at BlackBerry 101 for the Curve on discoverblackberry.com. Everyone here is correct. Curve batteries are blue.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-02-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm ordering new OEM batteries as we speak.