Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, it's been about 2 weeks with the phone and everything has been great.. Since ... BlackBerry Curve forum

in4am0spun no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2

Battery Dying?

Advertisement

Well, it's been about 2 weeks with the phone and everything has been great.. Since the 1st day I received the phone, I upgraded it from .144 to .152 and the battery HAD been doing me great... Since then I downloaded a few apps into the phone... BBtetris, google maps, and buzz me...

2day I took the phone off the charger @ around 12PM... Had it with me and used it for MAYBE like 2 text's and a 2 minute call... and then Keylocked the fone from 1 to around 6... Come back to my phone having only 5% battery life... WTF just happened in between that time?

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    My 8900 has had ridiculous battery issues..I cannot even go all day. Even with Seido's extended 8900 battery.. :-/ hopefully a software update somewhere will take care of it. DOH

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3
    I stopped using the pouch case and mine is fine now.

Courtneymeyer87 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem with my first 8900. I would only make two calls and it would tell me it needed to be charged, I called tmo and they told me to go to a corporate store and exchange it. I was able to get a new one and since then (a week ago) I haven't had any problems with my battery. If your out of the return policy call tmo and ask them to send you a new battery. It will take a few days to get to you if you don't want to pay shipping, but at least you will have a new battery! Mine now last as long as my old 8320 did! Good luck!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtneymeyer87 View Post
    I had the same problem with my first 8900. I would only make two calls and it would tell me it needed to be charged, I called tmo and they told me to go to a corporate store and exchange it. I was able to get a new one and since then (a week ago) I haven't had any problems with my battery. If your out of the return policy call tmo and ask them to send you a new battery. It will take a few days to get to you if you don't want to pay shipping, but at least you will have a new battery! Mine now last as long as my old 8320 did! Good luck!

I'll do just that... but as said before, a software update is in dire need

Courtneymeyer87 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Very true. I agree completely.

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Don't hold your breath for a software update. Remember the 8320 did not get one officially from T-mo until maybe last month. T-mo is a great Carrier, but they are slow, slow, slow, on the OS upgrades.

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Until you get the software upggrade. Are your apps running in the background. I left google maps running on my bb and it took my battery down very fast for some reason. The icons you don't use just hide them. Little things make a big difference. Peace

PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    I make sure all apps are closed... I'll even do a battery pull b4 charging it, leave it on charge all night then get back to it and the battery still dies out

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Is it bad to leave the phone charging all night? can the battery develop a "memory"? Should i let the battery drain almost all the way down and then charge it ?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I leave my phone charging all night. DON'T let it drain all the way down and charge it from being fully dead, though. Shortens the life of the battery from what I have heard.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I heard the opposite that it is good to drain the battery. I like to do it once in awhile.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Upgrade the os, don't worry about the batt developing a memory. Latest os is .168, and so far its been pretty good with batt life.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I solved the problem of battery life completely.

Get the Innocell and battery cover, along with the Innocase.

The sleeper fuction works flawlessly and the 2600 battery keeps the phone charged for days. I power use my 8900 and get three days of use out of a charge.

These are available here
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    How do you go about using the 2600 battery (bigger) with the standard innocase ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast