So my first problem is I can send msgs on my bbm but everyone shows ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Clittle07 no está en línea Stack level 3

Backup Problems

Advertisement

So my first problem is I can send msgs on my bbm but everyone shows with an x after I send the msg and when they try to send me a msg I never get it....i've tried doing a battery pull with still now luck which brings me to my next problem.....I"m trying to back up my phone and I keep getting a database error and it won't let me back up my phone.....I"m about 30sec from throwing it out a window....anyone with any ideas would be great

Robin66 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey there

1) Not sure about your BBMessenger problem, but since it's just PIN messaging with a pretty chat-like interface, how about trying a straight PIN message to see if that works or not? Might give you an idea if it's a problem with Messenger itself or with something else, like your data provisioning or whatnot. (From the Messages screen, hit menu and 'compose PIN'. Looks like an email message, but you type someone's PIN number instead of an email address)

2) With your backup problem, go into the 'Advanced' section of Backup and Restore and try to backup just the databases that are important to you. Once that works the pressure is off. Then, try backing up databases individually until you find the one that doesn't want to backup, and then erase it by clicking the 'clear' button. (of course if you've backed up all your important stuff anyway, you might just want to wipe the whole device and restore the data you backed up)

Good luck.
    Last edited by Robin66; 06-27-2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: mixed up backup and restore. Oops.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    The advanced selctive backup is a lifesaver. On the right it shows actually records in you device, on the left it shows what is the standard for the software.

I just finished doing that for 8900 and had the same issue, get partway thru the backup and get the database error. I was also ready to go to ATT and demand
    A new device when a teir 2 tech on the ATT side told me to just hang on and they would get me to RIM, who guided me thru a selective backup from the advanced menu.

Also a noteworthy thing is when you have backedup all the individual items there to go to file>save and save it where you normally store your backups. Hope this helps ....

Feel free to reply with any issues. Will check back before I go to bed.

Thb
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    Clear the browser cache and do the backup again. That was my problem.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Also, under Security Options > Firewall, see if it's turned on and blocking PIN messages.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesjj View Post
    Clear the browser cache and do the backup again. That was my problem.
    I tried this and many other things such as memory card in, out, sometimes that won't work either.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Any luck with this yet?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

pikelon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24b710f9
    having same problem but no solution so far

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    confirmed, i cleared my browser bookmarks and wala...it backed up again..weird

PIN/ID
    Ask
    How about your messaging problem? Has that cleared up?
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    any news?
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!