I have verizon as my carrier and came in today excited to upgrade to 4.5 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D

Backup issue preparing for 4.5

Advertisement

I have verizon as my carrier and came in today excited to upgrade to 4.5 but I cannot get off the mark.
    I have tried to do a backup with the DM. Its starts the backup but part way through the backup it keeps giving me the same error message:
    "Communication error
    The data was not recognized by the device"

I can sync my curve just fine, but I have actually not done a backup with this blackberry. I dont want to do the 4.5 download without doing a backup first.
    Please help, anxious to update.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You could try clearing your browser cache, sometimes that helps, also if you have emails with attachments sometimes those cause issues. Try deleting those and see if that helps. Can you see where in the process it is stopping and getting an error?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    I will try your ideas azstar. I was using DM4.3, verizon has an update to DM4.5, so I thought I would upgrade the DM then I will try to backup again.

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Well i downloaded the newest DM from verizon, still no joy getting a backup done.
    The backup starts and goes until it gets to profiles then it stops the back and says backup error.
    I really dont want to try to add the new 4.5os until i get a good backup in but the backup seems to be a problem.
    I cleared the browser cache....
    Now what, help......

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you don't need your saved emails you might try to go into the advanced option and skip them. That seems to be where I have seen this caused for others.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Exact same prob here. Several successful backups, then stuck on Profiles. This has been reported in another current post, is prevalent, and apparently a prob RIM should be notified about. Other post had a response suggesting that you turn off bluetooth.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Another idea just popped into my head. I have no idea if it will help but figured I would throw it out there. Do you have an earlier back-up? Try restoring your profiles from that and then try the new back-up. You may lose a few new settings but maybe it will work. Not sure if the profiles from your old BB will transfer to this new one, it should though, mine transferred from my pearl to my curve using the switch device wizard.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    azstar, my last backup was 5 months ago, I would be unsure of how it would effect my curve now so I dont see an old backup as a solution im comfortable with, but good idea.
    I have waited for the 4.5os update now im afraid to do it without a backup first!
    So bummed;(