Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I did update an exception... don't see any odd characters in it, but maybe I'll ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Backup Error after New OS install

Advertisement

I did update an exception... don't see any odd characters in it, but maybe I'll just whack it and try it again... just a ringtone for a group

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    No-More
    My clear button is greyed out and so I can't clear the profiles as suggested... Also evry profile databse from earlier backups won't highlight an arrow for me to move over and restore from it -

I'm dying for some help here... Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Glad you got it working. Just a little information about your mention of "refresh" and "clear". If you click or refresh, it will reload the complete list if items that can be transferred using the advanced backup/restore. If you click on Clear, it will return the selected item to the default state for that item.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, the only thing left to try is to start from a clean Profile, i.e. delete all changes and updates. Then start re-doing them one at a time, backing up the profiles after each change until you find the one that cause the failure.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    No-More
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Well, the only thing left to try is to start from a clean Profile, i.e. delete all changes and updates. Then start re-doing them one at a time, backing up the profiles after each change until you find the one that cause the failure.

Rcbjr.
    How do I delete them all to ensure that I'm starting clean? I've earsed all exceptions - but bot sure how to start anew with the base profiles... Thx

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    How do I delete them all to ensure that I'm starting clean? I've earsed all exceptions - but bot sure how to start anew with the base profiles... Thx
    I would clear the Profile Options database and If it's not greyed out the Profiles, but if you have deleted all exceptions and any custom profiles, it will probably be greyed out.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    No-More

They are both greyed out and I can't clear either the Profiles or the Profile Options... I tried to Refresh them both and then do a backup... NO - still getting error during backup at Profiles section -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

scott - this might suck, but do you have an earlier backup to restore to? maybe the one you are trying now is corrupt?

PIN/ID
    No-More

Yeah... i tried going all the way back to June with varying back up files, but they all have greyed out Profile databases that I can't move over to the device - - - are u suggesting restoring the whole device....

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    No-More

Thumbs up Resolved

Thx a million for all the support, advice and ideas regarding this issue... finally, had to take some rather drastic measures... but, I am now happy -

I can't say thank you enough to our Cherri - she worked tirelessly with me on this for and had no obligation at all to do so - a genuinely kind spirit (inside a nice wrapping, I might add)

THANK U - THANK U - THANK U - Cherri...

I owe u BIG time.... and Trust Level points just doesn't cut it...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i was merely helping a fellow addict and it was my pleasure

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    Thx a million for all the support, advice and ideas regarding this issue... finally, had to take some rather drastic measures... but, I am now happy -

I can't say thank you enough to our Cherri - she worked tirelessly with me on this for and had no obligation at all to do so - a genuinely kind spirit (inside a nice wrapping, I might add)

THANK U - THANK U - THANK U - Cherri...

I owe u BIG time.... and Trust Level points just doesn't cut it...
    -

Scott, what did you finally have to do to get it corrected. Just to document it, in case this happens to someone else.

Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    No-More

Roger - your input was helpful along the way as well... thx for the PMs trying to help me out.

What it ultimately came down to was a wipe of the device using JL Cmdr to insure we got the thing clean and started anew. Cheri was kind enough to provide me with some already edited blackberry .alx files and some Java updates that I finding wonderfully appealing on the device.

So, we started from scratch - reloaded the Optus OS - tossed some apps back on - backup - apps on - backup apps on.... until felt safe again.

The backups were quick and trouble free - My Media player now plays thru my H700 headset ... and my profiles and exceptions aren't giving me any issues. Feel like I just ate a tender lobster dinner with a smooth Shiraz...

I'll soon put some custom ringtones back on (from media card files) and hope that no issues develop. My new friend EvolutionCSR seemed to thing that using tones from cards creates some issues. So, fingers crossed - thx again Rcbjr

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for documenting the solution and continued good luck in updating the profiles.

Rcbjr

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same issues. Yes, I've read through this thread quite thoroughly and I have tried the restore (profiles is not an option to restore, there's some sort of message saying such).

I've just recently only had this happening after I wiped my device using JL_CMDR, then loaded the brand new VZW 4.2.2.322 for my 8830. Never did it before that. But thinking it might have been associated with that OS, I wiped again and downgraded to the former Sprint version I was using. Still same error. Wiped yet again and reinstalled the VZW OS thinking it must not be related. I do have special ringtones loaded from my media card, but I've had them on there for over a month and have backedup successfully several times since then.

I've even deleted the ringtones off of the media card and reset the profile ringtones to default.

Cherri, do you have any idea what may have caused this in the past with iscottbarnes?

Thanks Gang!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12