Searched the forums and google and couldnt come up with anything. I currently have a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Backlight question......

Advertisement

Searched the forums and google and couldnt come up with anything.

I currently have a Verizon 8330 running 4.5.0.131. This is a replacement that I just got from Verizon a few days ago.
    My issue is, when my backlight goes out after the set time and i press a button to bring the phone back it takes a couple seconds til it comes back on.
    I can see the words in the back, but its the light that doesnt come on right away.
    I just tested with my old phone and it looks like it comes on right away. It looks like its the phone but just maybe there is a fix for it???
    Ive tried a battery pull and that didnt help.

Anyone what the reason could be and how it can be fixed??

Thanks in advance.
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    u know i been hearing that. im thinking its the os. .131 try switch os i bet that will fix it

oefares no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    It is related to 131. Since the upgrade from 4.2 the backlight takes a while. Often times it will come on the screen and not the keys, even in absolute dark. dunno, there's always minor bugs, I'm sure they will have a fix for it at some point.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can tune backlight threshold parameters in the engineering screen under OS Engineering Screens>Light Sensor, if you don't like the standard behavior.

There are 3 brightness steppings of the LCD which correspond to low light, high indoor light, and outdoor light, as well as control for the keypad on/off thresholds.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

llzel no está en línea Stack level 2
    how to get to engineering screen?

oefares no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    You can tune backlight threshold parameters in the engineering screen under OS Engineering Screens>Light Sensor, if you don't like the standard behavior.

There are 3 brightness steppings of the LCD which correspond to low light, high indoor light, and outdoor light, as well as control for the keypad on/off thresholds.

Very true Thyth...I had forgotten that those settings may have reset to standard after the upgrade to 4.5

Thank you for giving me the easiest solution that slipped my brain.

CMKelley no está en línea Stack level 2
    hmmmm. weird.

ivangorod no está en línea Stack level 1

os upgrade the culprit

The upgrade is definitely the cause of this. I don't think you can change any settings to correct the issue. I've noticed if you hit the spacebar or esc to wake up your berry it will come to life right away like you're used to. Hope this helps.