My BB backlighting seems to get brighter and dimmer automatically by itself. . Any idea ... BlackBerry Curve forum

disassemble no está en línea Stack level 2

backlight dimming?

Advertisement

My BB backlighting seems to get brighter and dimmer automatically by itself. . Any idea why?

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by disassemble View Post
    My BB backlighting seems to get brighter and dimmer automatically by itself. . Any idea why?
    bb has a light sensor to help with exterior lighting conditions and visibility on the screen.

go to options, screen/keyboard and adjust settings for auto backlight, etc...

Mosdefin no está en línea Stack level 2
    The screen is light sensitive.

You can turn this feature off by going to Options > Screen/Keyboard > Automatically Dim Backlight and change the option from default "on" to "off".
    New Yorker in me will never die...

VZW 8330 Curve - OS 4.5.0.77

where is the light sensor? is my silicon cover, covering the sensor? i mean, it gets significantly brighter sometimes... and somtimes its pretty damn dim.

Mosdefin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by disassemble View Post
    where is the light sensor? is my silicon cover, covering the sensor? i mean, it gets significantly brighter sometimes... and somtimes its pretty damn dim.
    I may be wrong about this, but it seems to be by the LED indicator.
    New Yorker in me will never die...

VZW 8330 Curve - OS 4.5.0.77

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    just a quick sidenote:

a great way to help with battery life is to set the screen to the lowest setting and turn off dimming... i find that i can still easily see the screen in most lighting conditions, plus battery use is less then.

paulwallg13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31a30a1b
    even though i doubt it is your case i would take it out for a bit just to make sure and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by paulwallg13 View Post
    even though i doubt it is your case i would take it out for a bit just to make sure and go from there
    your reffering to the case? take it off and see if it acts differently? i'll do that.

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its not the case. Its something wrong with the phone becuase my 8330 does the same thing and it is very annoying. The auto dim feature is OFF and i have NO case on it and it still gets very very bright at times and then gets dim sometimes. The funny thing is that it gets very bright in the sun sometimes.
    ????

who knows.
    VZW STORM 9530

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by armenvzw View Post
    Its not the case. Its something wrong with the phone becuase my 8330 does the same thing and it is very annoying. The auto dim feature is OFF and i have NO case on it and it still gets very very bright at times and then gets dim sometimes. The funny thing is that it gets very bright in the sun sometimes.
    ????

who knows.
    i agree that its strange how even with dimming off, it still dims...mine does that too.

as to the screen getting bright in the sun, thats actually correct. it brightens so you can see it best. you might be able to see it at its dimmest setting, but it tries to assist you.

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    i agree that its strange how even with dimming off, it still dims...mine does that too.

as to the screen getting bright in the sun, thats actually correct. it brightens so you can see it best. you might be able to see it at its dimmest setting, but it tries to assist you.

ahh ok, the other dimming part may be a fault in the OS or something. I cant figure it out. Just have to live with it for now.
    VZW STORM 9530