Hello, everyone! I've tried several times to back up my husband's bb curve using the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bacila no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Question Backing up Curve 8310 error

Advertisement

Hello, everyone!

I've tried several times to back up my husband's bb curve using the desktop manager v4.5 but it just won't work. Seems to be getting hung up on the Yahoo messenger options, as that's where it usually stops backing up and an error message pops up saying "error backing up database(s)". Sucky thing is, the yahoo settings look like the last thing being backed up. So we wait all that time just to have it not back up at all.

I have tried everything I can think of, so I went into the backup and restore tab on the DM and went to Advanced to backup each section individually. When I got to the Browser Data Cache, I got the error message again. So I thought if I cleared the cache it would work. Still has not when I try to auto backup or backup everything without using the advanced setting.

I can backup my own device just fine, fyi. Same os, same model curve.

We're on AT&T, bb 8310, OS 4.5.0.69

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been having the same problem lately (on various files) but haven't found a fix. The workaround is just what you said - use the Advanced tab to backup everything that doesn't cause an error. You can individually select one or more files and then do a Save As to save the results.

The wierd thing is that even if Browser Data Cache errors out when all files are selected, you can back it up by itself and it'll do fine. It's almost as if the amount of data or number of files runs into some limit. Strange - can't figure it out.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I had the same issue before and found something on the Stack about this...
    I will search for the resolution, but if I recall I went into Sync and had it sync every time I launched DM 4.5 or 4.6... After I set that up, I never had this error again... Give it a try and let me know what your results were....

Last edited by stnkyq2; 09-04-2008 at 10:49 AM.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Try rebooting the PC first, but if that doesn't work, do a clean install of the DM, uninstalling the old version first and then downloading and installing it again. Try the 4.6 version which you can get here.

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Try rebooting the PC first, but if that doesn't work, do a clean install of the DM, uninstalling the old version first and then downloading and installing it again. Try the 4.6 version which you can get here.
    RoGro,
    I've tried this and I still get an error trying to do a back up. Any suggestions?

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, I installed DM 4.6 and then I installed 4.5.0.69 on my phone and everything seems to be working OK now. I think the trick was wiping my phone clean and starting all over. Doing a backup is not an issue now.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gots2beme View Post
    Well, I installed DM 4.6 and then I installed 4.5.0.69 on my phone and everything seems to be working OK now. I think the trick was wiping my phone clean and starting all over. Doing a backup is not an issue now.
    Cool, glad you're back in bidness!