Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you RoGro. It took a free afternoon to try the steps, but I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pauldeibert no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B2108D

Advertisement

Thank you RoGro. It took a free afternoon to try the steps, but I have completed them.

Sadly, this did not work.

I have completely unisntalled 4.7 using the thread you supplied, and downloaded the latest 4.7 directly from RIM (restarting the half dozen times between each step). This had no effect, and produced the same non-error/non-result as before.

I then completely uninstalled 4.7 as above, and downloaded 4.6 directly from RIM. This produced a new result, with an error box telling me of an "Error backing up database(s)."

Should I just blow everything out and start over? It's not really a big deal to clear the cache out every time, but I am wondering if this points to a darker future!

Thank you for all the help.

--paul

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, Paul, I can't imagine it'll get any worse than having to clear the data cache out, but if that's what works for you, it sounds easier than starting from scratch......unless you can recreate everything you need on your device without too much effort.

Try one more thing before taking any drastic measures. It seems the 2nd most likely culprit, for me anyway, was the Profiles and/or Profile Options (I think that's what it's called) databases. You might want to clear both of those along with the Browser Data Cache prior to your next backup attempt. I've noticed downloaded ringtones and custom Profile settings can cause this error.

Other than that, try backing up one database at a time until you can really determine which one is causing issues. This will be a long, slow process, so you'll need another one of those free afternoons!

Are you using Vista or XP? Sometimes the UAC on Vista can muck things up.

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Try deleting your cookies & cache from your internet browser. Then try to back up your phone. That should do the trick.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

DaX05 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    When I say internet browser, I mean the blackberry browser. Give it a shot.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12