I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, the back light on my BB ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Katmew no está en línea Stack level 1

Back light

Advertisement

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, the back light on my BB dims and then turns bright again for no reason. I would just browse around on my phone and suddenly it dims, then it un-dims >_> help ><

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    That is because your BlackBerry has a feature called Automatically Dim Backlight. It works very well in low light & at night. But it can also fluxuate & be annoying as you are experiencing. I have that feature turned off, here is how. From the home screen find the wrench icon Options, then choose Screen/Keyboard, down near the bottom you will see "Automatically Dim Backlight". Select that & change the setting to off. Then above that you will see where you can choose your level of brightness. I have mine set to 60% which increases my battery life & is still bright enough for my use. Set yours to wherever you like it, choose save & you're all set.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cwadams70 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E8B43
    A problem that I have been noticing for a couple of days now with regard to the backlight is everytime I get an email, the bl turns on- used to not do that(would just get the red flashing indicator). This has really been dragging my battery down rapidly over the course of a day. Any suggestions on how to prevent it from coming on with emails?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Every time you use your BlackBerry for anything the backlight comes on, that's normal. It will not affect your battery life.
    How old is your BlackBerry & what model to you have? I'm on my BlackBerry so I don't see your name & device number to the left of the message window as one does when accessing the forum via computer.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Another issue is that if you have BBLight installed, it can turn your backlight on for various functions: On User Activity, On Remote Holster, On External Power, On Time of Day.

I've got mine set for just On External Power so that it stays on when I'm charging in my car - useful for Google maps.

Katmew no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you guys

cwadams70 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E8B43
    Curve 8330 with 4.5 os