So I got a new Curve (8520) from t-mobile and I got all the stuff ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sj022698 no está en línea Stack level 2

AutoLock No Longer working on 5.0??? Any Fix or 4.6 link?

Advertisement

So I got a new Curve (8520) from t-mobile and I got all the stuff I needed on it with my number one priority. The original AutoLock by Alan Penner. So, I was adding stuff and updating some stuff an it quit working. It was working fine when I loaded it. Now, it’s though it doesn’t exist. However, after installing it, you get the “AutoLock is trying to access…blah, blah, blah”

So, I allow it and check don’t ask again

The only thing I can think of is that maybe it was shipped with the 4.6 os instead of the 5.0 which is now on there???

Plus, I’m missing a ton of icons now since I wiped everything. It looks like others have this issue but I don’t see any fix???
    Does anyone have a link to the 4.6? The only two I can find are in other languages but one says Multilanguage. Will that work?

Any other thoughts besides using the BB locking feature as all of them are terrible.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Any 4.6 OS will work as long as it is for your 8520 and not another device. They all include the English language pack.

So you purchased or installed this app when you first got the device? Kind of sounds like your device was originally loaded with 4.6, then was upgraded to 5.0 and the AutoLock app is not compatible with the 5.0 OS. If that's the case, you need to contact the developer to see if there's an updated version that will work with a 5.0 OS or, as you said, downgrade to 4.6, if it was working with that OS.

sj022698 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ***EDIT*** Just found the link for the 4.6 OS...I sure hope this does it.
    Yeah, I'm trying to find out what OS was on it when I got it literally yesterday. It's the freeware from Alan Penner from geekandproud.net
    I've been using it on my pearl for years and still have the file. I installed it and then came the updates which I did not mean to do and since then, I can't get it.
    I can't seem to find any links to a previous 8520 version. Am I just missing the obvious? Could you post a link please.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by sj022698; 01-11-2011 at 05:07 PM.