i've searched here and on google, but wasn't able to find the exact answer i'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3

auto PIN update

Advertisement

i've searched here and on google, but wasn't able to find the exact answer i'm looking for.

i just switched devices (8330 to 8330) and wanted to upate the people on my BBM with the new PIN. i remember the very first time i had to switch devices, BBM asked if i wanted to send the updated PIN to the people on my list.

how do i get my PIN updated so that others can BBM me on the new device, and not the old one?

rwon512 no está en línea Stack level 1
    When u use the DM to switch between bb's, ur pin is updated automatically.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

i tried doing the switch through DM, but at the end it didnt work out for some reason. so i just did a restore. does that count as a switching through dm?

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by S2K ON 2 View Post
    i tried doing the switch through DM, but at the end it didnt work out for some reason. so i just did a restore. does that count as a switching through dm?
    I would say so... When I had to return my first Storm to Telus, I backed up my phone prior to heading down to the store... Once I got home with my new toy, all I did was do a quick restore - and BAM! I had everything in the new one, that was present in the old. Including all my BBM contacts..

everything was transferred as it should. but i'm wondering if my friends' BBM list was updated with my new PIN. my sister said she had BBM'd me earlier in the day, but i had not received. that made me believe that she did not have my new PIN.

phenyx923 no está en línea Stack level 1
    So I recently learned a new trick...(Thanks to Eric if you read this!)

It may be a little time consuming to start over, but this will solve your problem for all future device changes, as long as you have the same email:

Have all your contacts request you via email, as opposed to specific PIN. This way, since your same email follows you on your BIS account, they will always have you on their BBM list and will have no problem contacting you. You could have 2, 3, 4 phones and switch them every day, but your contacts will still have no prob reaching you.

That's my trick of the day! Otherwise, when you get a new PIN, I say just message all your contacts and when they respond, you know they have your new PIN. It should auto update when you switch devices, but if you did a restore, I think there is room for error.

Another that I do is add myself to my bbm list, and that way you can see what everyone else sees (pin, status message, etc)

Good luck!

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Cool! Thanks for the information!