I have an add-on installed in Outlook 2008 called Auto Bcc. It automatically blind carbon ... BlackBerry Curve forum

larryjak no está en línea Stack level 2

Auto BCC

Advertisement

I have an add-on installed in Outlook 2008 called Auto Bcc. It automatically blind carbon copies any address I predefined.

I use it to bcc myself all emails I send, it helps me stay organized.

Is there a way to configure this on the 8330? I found email filters but I am not sure if this can be done to say any email sent from me to bcc me.

If not is there a 3rd party app that can?

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Where does it have to be BCC? Couldn't you just add yourself to the senders list?

The email setup online through your provider should allow you to auto BCC

I could add myself to the bcc but I am looking for something that can do it automated. I have no access to our exchange server or BES, therefore it must be managed/done locally. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I know on BIS you can add an auto BCC to each e-mail account. I'm not a BES expert, but there is surely a similar option that can be configured there. Can you talk to your BES admin and see if they can initialize that feature for you?

I could but they do not want to hear from my especially for something like this where I would increase email traffic.

How do you do it with BIS? I can see if I have the local permissions.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    This can be done through the BES and if your emails are important enough to keep a reocrd of like you are wanting, there should be no concern of increased email traffic.

To add to your BIS account, login to your BIS, edit the email you want and click the Auto BCC box.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you for all the replies. I do see the option for Auto BCC for BIS. Since I do not have access to the BES Management I was hoping there was an add-on for the BB so I can do it locally.

I am not able to cotact my BES administrator and ask them to enable it for my account.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is this a company device? If so, I don't see why it would be a problem for them to enable it. I mean you're using your device for work purposes. Doesn't make sense why they wouldn't enable it for you.

And on BIS, if you have e-mail accounts set up in there, you need to physically edit each account and from within the modification screen, there will be a place to Auto BCC yourself.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    There is no add-on that I know of to manipulate a BES option. This would be a "security" issue and the BES could lock that out also. The BES can control anything on the device, factory or 3rd party.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~