I spent the weekend trying all the different packages out there for converting video to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BBRoy no está en línea Stack level 2

Audio Out of Sync

Advertisement

I spent the weekend trying all the different packages out there for converting video to my 8310. I have been doing video for a number of years but just not on a handheld.

Any way a number of the packages work fine but I noticed that the Media Player in the 8310 will sometimes play the audio out of sync on the video. I can watch the same file on the computer in Quicktime or Showtime and audio is in sync.

I am thinking it might have something to do with the bitrate or some other parameter, although I have followed the specifications on the BB website and are well witin the limits.

Below are the specs of the current file I am troubleshooting.

Video MP4
    320x240
    536kbps

Audio ACC
    44.1kHZ 128 bit

Not all videos are out of sync in the Media Player but I cannot find a common denominator yet.

Anyone else notice audio out of sync on the BB but plays fine on the computer?

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Audio Out of Sync

See the "playing videos on my curve?" thread below that I posted the other dayin this forum

Looks like you are having issues as well. My output video is all within specificiation but my DVDs are from different sources.

I spent basically 2 days trying out different converters since I had been out of the video conversion forums for about a year. Here are the ones I tried:

HandBrake
    Super
    Jodix free ipod converter
    XviD4PSP
    Seabyrd - Blackberry video converter
    Videora
    MeGUI
    Nero 7 - Recode ver2
    Nero 8 - Recode ver3
    Roxio Media Manager

I like Nero Recode the best since I have been using it for years and it tends to have one of the better encoders.

I am going to inspect and adjust the audio stream next. Maybe knock the bitrate down a bit. I have one DVD that I can reproduce the problem on pretty well so I will work with that.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I figured out what the issue was. Basically on some programs I record on to DVD from TV would have audio out of sync only when it was played on my 8310 but was fine on the computer. If I use very high quality source DVD it was better. All this is material I converted to MP4.

The bottom line is that when I encode video I was using the high end of the allowable specs and the media player just cannot handle it. Here are the specs I am using that seem to work all the time.

MP4 or AVI
    320x 240 resolution because I like full screen 4:3 aspect material
    24 FPS (Framerate)
    Video bitrate between 400 - 500kbps
    Audio 44.1 Frequency 64 bit

The audio is really the key and I can vary the other items much more. I have had the best luck with Nero Recode3 in Nero8. Handbrake works alright as well.

I was just not happy with the video quality with other free programs without many, many configuration options.

Roxio Media Manager is horrible.