Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 1 : Has anyone figured out how to get around the rapid-fire barrage of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Methril no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2429CF10

Question Audible Air Issues on 8310 - Constant Permission Request

Advertisement

Question 1:

Has anyone figured out how to get around the rapid-fire barrage of the following message when trying to start Audible Air on an 8310?:

"The application Audible has attempted to open local content. Would you like to allow this? (Yes/No)"

The message pops up at least 15 or 20 times each time I try to start the app. If you don't select "Yes" fast enough each time (default is "No"-- and you have to be really quick), the app hangs up and eventually displays the following:

"Uncaught exception: javax.microedition.io.Connector.file"

If you select "No" to any request, it quits the startup screen, returns to the home screen and displays the following:

"Uncaught exception: Application AudibleRIM(158) is not responding; process terminated"

I've tried following Audible.com's FAQ instructions (they generally just tell you to set the application permissions to "Allow"), but no luck.

Caveat: FAQ instructions also suggest setting MediaNet as the default browser for MDS and WAP (for Cingular/AT&T Orange), but MediaNet is not an option for MDS Browser in BB Settings.

I'm running OS v4.2.2.181 (Platform 2.5.0.35) on a red AT&T 8310 with a 1GB memory card.

Question 2
    :

If you can select "Yes" fast enough each time (including twice after the startup screen has changed the player screen), the app will play the audiobooks that I have stored on my memory card, but, for lack of a better word, it "skips" periodically. Sounds almost like the "EURRPP" that sometimes appear on burned audio CDs if another app interrupted the burning process. You only loose a half of a word or so, but is still annoying enough to mention. Any fixes?

Question 3
    :

Once you log in to Audible.com, your library is populated with all of the audiobooks you've previoulsy purchased, and you're supposed to be able to download them in portions (sort of like a piecemeal streaming process). When I try to select any title that is not already loaded on my memory card, the same permission request appears, but I can't even move the cursor to "Yes". The app freezes and eventually the "not responding; process terminated" message appears. Ideas?

Bonus Question
    :

Is "rapid-fire barrage" redudant?

Thanks for your patience and suggestions.

Riddler out.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Audible Air Issues on 8310 - Constant Permission Request

Never had that problem but more importantly...why are you using my name? LOL

jacqelynl no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Audible Air Issues on 8310 - Constant Permission Request

Hi -

New to BlackBerry and this forum but wanted to let you know the following:

I was having this same issue with Audible and when I got them on the phone today, the rep says that there is a new issue in the FAQ that states that AT&T has updated the BB network and that it is blocking the Audible requests from going through properly. Might want to call them. I will and I'll post again if it fixes my problem.

Hope this helps.

jacqelynl

PS If you have fixed this problem, please let me know, ok?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try this, go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications and scroll to the one for audibleAir. Open the Menu and select Edit Permissions. There you will see three major items Expand each until you find the one that says something about local content. Set it to allow. If that doesn't work, let us know and will try for something else.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thumbs down Re: Audible Air Issues on 8310 - Constant Permission Request

All the permissions are set to ALLOW. Still have the problem.

nsdq no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB just wanted to let you know, I am have the exact same issue on my 8830 World with Verizon. It has been driving me nuts.I have emailed Audible tech support twice and still waiting for an answer.I'll keep an eye on this thred in hopes of a fix.(wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by jacqelynl View Post
    All the permissions are set to ALLOW. Still have the problem.
    What I was thinking about doesn't seem to be available, so my suggestion is to contact the developer.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

sorry to advise but according to a close friend of mine who lives in the usa, she recently changed her blackberry from a Pearl the an 83XX and since which has not been able to get it to work on Audible program. After hounding both Audible.com and Audible.co.uk it turns out that this program will not work correctly on the 83XX range, well atleast until they improve the software

Good news for all those bothered by the "rapid-fire barrage" of permissions messages. I have solved the problem on my 8310! First I thought it was permission in Audible, then I looked at the firewall. Changed everything to allow etc etc etc. Still I got the approx. 29 messages!

Do not like to give up on anything so I foraged on.

On the same Applications screen, I clicked on the other apps listed under Audible. I changed my Blackberry Core and Blackberry System to allow all.

This works like a champ. So nice to be able to click on Audible and have it open with only a few seconds delay while it loads.

Hope this helps! If not, post and I’ll see if I can help further.

starzabove no está en línea Stack level 1

I've checked and so far as I can tell all of these sections have ALLOW for their permissions. Any other ideas?
    Are you on the AT&T network?

Thanks so much.

starzabove no está en línea Stack level 1

Voila! h++p://forums.crackberry.com/f52/audibleair-ota-8310-a-14078/

(Replace the +'s with t's, of course)

nsdq no está en línea Stack level 1

After several phone calls and email to Audible Customer support they finely sent me the new beta version of Audible Air for BB OS 4.2. I complained about the rapid fire “The application Audible has attempted to open local content. Would you like to allow this? (Yes/No)” and the annoying skipping playback problems. I repeatedly told them I was aware of the new beta version for the 4.2 OS. It seems to work great. I don’t know how long this link will be good so you should dl this quickly.

I had to add some spaces and astrics into the address you will need to fix to get around the pinstack no link policy for level 1 stackers. You will need to fix the address to dl the beta AudibleAir.

"Thank you for contacting Audible.com.
    Thank you for providing the requested information. I have included a link to install the latest Audible Air version, 1.0.66.
    1. Remove your current installation of AudibleAir if currently installed by going to > Option > Advanced Options > Applications. Select Audible and press
    > Menu > Delete.
    2. Then, open your Internet browser and type the following address:

here you go!h**p:// dl.futu .info/ audible/ AudibleRIM .jad

This is a beta version of AudibleAir ( version 1.0.62) that has yet to be released. Prior to downloading, set full permissions by placing a check in the checkbox on the download page. Thanks again for your time and patience. Please let me know how this work out for you.
    Here at Audible, we do truly value and appreciate your business; if you need further assistance, please respond to this email or if you wish, provide me with a contact number and the best available time to reach you.

Sincerely,
    Jake
    Audible.com Technical Support Lead"

gleytch no está en línea Stack level 1

That beta download seems to be SO much better! I really appreciate you posting the way to access it here!

Greg

kauainurse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    none

does link still work? Can you provide me with the beta version of audible air ver 1.0.62? I too have been pulling out my hair trying to get this program to work on my 8310. Aloha!

anggit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    252079de

It works!!
    Much better than previous version. I thought audible will never be one of those applications again in my 8310, but now it is on top of the list!!
    Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast