YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so excited. I didnt think they would cover it. I had a bunch ... BlackBerry Curve forum

SIK-WIDIT no está en línea Stack level 1

Attn: Just Got Dust Problem Covered Under Tmo Warranty!!!

Advertisement

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im so excited. I didnt think they would cover it. I had a bunch of dust underneath on my screen like its been reported in the past. They covered it under warranty and my new 8320 is on its way. I'm a little depressed cuz i downloaded a lot of ringtones from a 3rd party site but its all good at least no more annoying dust. This thing is never gonna see a lint filled pocket again lol.

Wicked808 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Attn: Just Got Dust Problem Covered Under Tmo Warranty!!!

Could you let us know if you get a brand new 8320 or a refurb? Who did you call for service warranty? Local store or national? What did you tell them? Thanks for any info! I too have a bunch of dust under the screen and it's becoming irritating. Thanks again.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Usually with warranty exchanges it will be a refurb.

You know it's quite easy to clean the dust from under there. A lot less hassle than to exchange and change your PIN.

dnjbeachfam no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F563E4
    What is the best way to clean the dust from underneath the screen?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You will need to take your BB apart to clean...so not really meant for the average user.

You just need a Torx5 screwdriver and some time. This is do at your own risk.

Just need to take off the Antenna Cover and the 4 screws. Then just clean the lint out with compressed air or something lint free.

Here's a video for disassembly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiIl19G74C0

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

But what about the same dust issue with the new one? Why doesn't rim fix this dust issue? I too have had the dust with my old curve!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

spurfan no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had a BB (and various handsets) eversince my 4 years as a MGR at TMO and now 1 yr with ATT. I have "dust" on the LCD in all of my handsets. (including the 8300 i have on my hip now) Note: I work indoors. The phones are not made to be airtight. (This would cost big $$$). This is not a malfuction, it will remain an issue till handsets are made air and water sealed. ITS JUST THAT: A ISSUE OR PROBLEM.
    FYI>>> Not to be a pessimist but; You will get "dust" on the LCD on the replacement 8320 also SICK WIDIT. its inevitable and only a matter of time (or work place/region/usage of handset).

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I don't know about other curve owners, but I have dust on the right side of my screen. on my first curve (was replaced for diff. reason) I read all the posts and I read one stacker say he used chapstick along the lining of the right side to keep dust out and he had no problem. the first day I got it I did the same and after well over 2 months I had no dust. with the replacement curve I forgot about it and currently have dust on the right side of my screen.

chapstick works.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

awesome suggestion ^^ never heard of such a thing. i have had dust under every single bb screen i have owned...i guess either 1) mine's not as bad or 2) i can live with it (maybe i can't see it as well bc my eye sight is soo bad )

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

wish I could take credit. someone had made a great point that there's no gasket b/t the screen cover and screen and since there seems to be issues with dust getting in the right side, that he used chapstick to act in its place.

MacGyver tech for '08.

Wicked808 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'll give the cleaning a try. Not sure about the chapstick tho, maybe a real type of sealant. Will report back. Thanks for all the replies and info too.