Hello everyone, I have read thread after thread about this dust issue on the 8300. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb ATTENTION....DUST solution???

Advertisement

Hello everyone, I have read thread after thread about this dust issue on the 8300. Mine is about four months old and am starting to get some dust particles on the screen.
    I had called the AT&T warranty dept: (800-801-1101) and spoke with a rep about the issue..because of the number of 8300's I bought for my business, they were willing to send me a replacement (refurb). They also stated that normally, they do not offer replacement for dust issues. They are well aware that it is a problem, and have had numerous complaints about this issue...but not to the extent for AT&T to create a bulletin for replacement. She stated that there should be a replacement for this issue, but in a nut shell, not quite enough people have called complaining yet!!!!!

So my suggestion: GET ON THE PHONE!!!!!!!!

.....hopes this helps!

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: ATTENTION....DUST solution???

If they admit they they have had numerous complaints about it, then I would think quite enough people have called in.

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree...for the money we pay for these phones..they should clean themselves!!!

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ My technician actually pinned the problem on a faulty lens seal. Just glued it down firmly so we'll see what happens in the next week or so.