Anyone who recently bought an 8320 and has tried loading custom themes only to find ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4

Attention All 8320 Themers!!!!!

Advertisement

Anyone who recently bought an 8320 and has tried loading custom themes only to find the wifi icon and signal meter being all messed up or not even showing at all im sure shares the frustration with me. I wrote to plazmic asking about this issue and here is what they said:

Hi Mike,

Yes, I did receive the data you sent. Presently with 4.2.2 Theme
    Builder, WiFi customization is not supported. The default indicator and the
    signal meter can therefore not be customized with 4.2.2.

It appears however that there is an issue in our export of the WiFi
    signal meter which is causing the default signal meter not be displayed in
    a custom theme. This has been logged and will be addressed in a future
    release. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause. For
    the time being the only workaround to avoid the issue would be not to
    customize the banner, homescreen, or lockscreen.

Regards,

Sarim
    Software Engineering Consultant
    Research in Motion
    Email: jde@rim.com
    Web: www.blackberrydeveloper.com

Sooo.. basically for now the only way to have everything intact is to pretty much leave everything the same, except for menus and buttons, at lease its a partial solution until the better one becomes available.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Attention All 8320 Themers!!!!!

Plazmic knows about this.

I have already planned accordingly. If you purchase the nightshade today theme from bplay you will notice the wifi signal fits perfectly in the the theme and UMA is also in the right place so you don't even notice.

Honestly i don't even care about the uma signal, it is like the signal on your laptop, if you have a connection you have a connection.... I have a dd-wrt loaded at home and work and I can go almost a mile away with great reception.

Themers will always improvise.... the theme builder tools are far from perfect.

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

I'd just like to know when they're going to put out RIM themes for the Querty keyboard devices like the 83xx series. I'd love to have a Today Plus like theme.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4

Quote Originally Posted by Krad
    Plazmic knows about this.

I have already planned accordingly. If you purchase the nightshade today theme from bplay you will notice the wifi signal fits perfectly in the the theme and UMA is also in the right place so you don't even notice.

Honestly i don't even care about the uma signal, it is like the signal on your laptop, if you have a connection you have a connection.... I have a dd-wrt loaded at home and work and I can go almost a mile away with great reception.

Themers will always improvise.... the theme builder tools are far from perfect.
    please share how even after modifying the banner you got the wifi signal to appear as it bugs me that it doesnt in other custom themes