Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Apologies if I'm asking the same question as has been asked a thousand times before ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Bryan Welch no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Attachment viewing

Advertisement

Apologies if I'm asking the same question as has been asked a thousand times before but despite reading all other answers I'm still no further forward. I want to open e-mail attachments. Using the desktop manager I dont have an option under application loader to load anything that will open them. Where do I get it from and how do I get it onto my BB Curve 8310. Am not using it via the enterprise server is this the problem?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Attachment viewing

could you use roxio to access the files?
    Never tried it myself, but I know roxio allows access to phone memory.. but dunno if it gathers attachments

Update: Tried to look for this myself, but was unsuccessfull.
    Last edited by Sci-Tek; 01-16-2008 at 08:21 AM.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

which OS are you running on your 8310?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Install the 8310s OS on your PC, then run the desktop mgr; application loader; and make sure the Blackberry Attachment service is installed

Thumbs down Re: Attachment viewing

By OS am I right in assuming you mean the disk that came with the BB. I already had all this loaded and within application loader there was no option to add the attachment service in fact there was nothing other than a bluetooth pairing helper that I'd downloaded to overcome a problem with my car not recognising the damn thing. Determined not to give up (dog with a bone now) i've just removed the desktop software completely and am starting again. if the application loader is still empty any other ideas?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

no by OS he means operating software.

if you need some help, shoot my a instant message at glehman85 on AIM

Ok so now we are entering territory I just dont understand. I know complete tech thicko. Would love to "shoot an instant message" and get this resolved but dont know how to.
    Talk me through the last answer about installing the 8310 OS on my desktop and then running the desktop manager.
    I've just re-installed the desktop manager and no big surprise under application loader I still dont have any option to install anything. Intrestingly though on the BB itself under options/advanced options/applications, BB attachment service 4.2.2 is listed but there in no icon for it when I select the applications icon. I'm sure I'm being very dim but just seem to be hitting a brick wall. Any ideas anyone?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

you need to install the OS in order to get this listed in application loader.

Question Re: Attachment viewing

Ok so have downloaded this OS (8310CJK_PBr4.2.2_rel338_PL2.5.0.40_A4.2.2.184_Sin gTel) direct from RIM. Downloaded it to my desktop PC. Installed it and when I launch Desktop manager nothing has changed. Where do we go now?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

you need to delete the vendor.xml from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and then run app loader again and it should work

Ok progress has been made. Followed all instructions. When I launched app loader this time I got all the options and re-installed everything including Blackberry attachment service. However when I open an e-mail with an attachment, highlight the attachment and click the trackerball I still dont get the option to open the damn thing. Beginning to wonder if this really is possible?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

highlight where it says [1 attachment] and bring up the menu, go to retrieve

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

i had the same problem. once i loaded bb attachment service, it opened every attachment that was sent to me from then on. but i could not get anything to open that was sent to me when i did not have attachment service loaded.

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

I did not word it very well. what i am trying to say is that i was able only able to open up attachments that were sent to me after the time that i loaded bb attachment service and not the attachments that were sent to me previously.

Question Re: Attachment viewing

Still no joy I'm afraid. When I highlight the attachment I just dont get a menu option for retrieve, view, open, download.....Nothing. My options are Copy, File, Forward, Reply to all, Delete & Full Menu. Under Full Menu I still have nothing available to open it. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I'm not using BES but get my e-mails via the desktop re-director?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast