Hey, I recently purchased a BB Curve 8310 from ATT. I got it unlocked and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

maximo31 no está en línea Stack level 1

ATT Branded Curve 8310 unlocked using T-Mobile

Advertisement

Hey,
    I recently purchased a BB Curve 8310 from ATT. I got it unlocked and Im using it with my T-Mobile service. Im trying to get the internet fuctionality to work (was hoping to use the Opera Mini browser that I have installed) But more so, Id just like to get Jive Talk working. I changed the TCP settings and changed the APN to wap.voicestream.com and left the login and password areas blank. Now I do not have a BB plan selected on my phone. I have my regular minutes plan and have added unlimited texts and the $5.99 TZones Web pack. Do I need anything else for this to work? My friend recently did this and did not add any of the BB plans but the email one which is $9.99. He doesnt remember if he added the T-Zones web pack or not. Either way, Im stuck with a lower case edge logo on the top and neither jive talk or opera mini will connect/work. Please advise. Thanks guys.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: ATT Branded Curve 8310 unlocked using T-Mobile

The only way to get Internet access is to purchase a data plan from your carrier. I might suggest you get an unlimited plan as you will use quite a bit of data very quickly. T-Mobile has the lowest price for unlimited internet and email use. It's just $19.99 per month. Call them for details or read about it on their web site.

Cheers!

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

YEAH FOR TMOBILE!!!!! lol. Yes, sign on up. you get true unlimited service.. tethered or otherwise.. unlike most other carriers!
    T-Mobile Sales Manager
    Blackberry Addict
    Open to answering questions
    PIN: 241E85A8

maximo31 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok I added the $9.99 email plan and my edge just got upgraded to EDGE. Jive talk still times out when trying to get a key. And when I go to Ping Server, I get a "Request Failed" error. Opera Mini also times out and gives me an error message stating for me to go to their website from my desktop PC. Will upgrading to the $19.99 plan reallly fix everything? It seems like I have connectivity now through the web, as the T-Mobile browser for the tzones works, even though I removed that from my plan when i just added the $9.99 email package. Please let me know. Thanks.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

9.99 is only email no Internet so when your apps try to connect to the internet they time out. so uprgading will work