Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i'm thinking about switching over from verizon(Treo 700p) to ATT(BB 8300 Curve). Can anyone tell ... BlackBerry Curve forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

ATT Blackberry Curve voice quality??

Advertisement

i'm thinking about switching over from verizon(Treo 700p) to ATT(BB 8300 Curve). Can anyone tell me how the call quality is? And is it easy to unlock the curve, so I can use it in asia?

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

call quality?

i am thinking about getting a BB 8300 curve. i'm moving away from verizon with a treo 700p. how is the voice quality?

gtox no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: ATT Blackberry Curve voice quality??

voice quality is fine, the latest issues from RIM have really improved the phone funcitons. As to unlock for Asia, I have no idea sorry.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: call quality?

I have a Pearl (8100) with AT&T and cannot complan at all about the voice quality here in Upstate NY. Then again, I've never had Verizon so I don't know how to compare it.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

i don't think ATT supports workd wide stuff, call them and ask though. Also, check out verizon. They don't have the curve, but the are good for worl wide service.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : call quality?

Fondoo, comparing the sucky call quality of a Treo to a BB is not really hard. Treo are mostly the worst quality phone (talking about phone only) I ever tried.
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado

i don't think ATT supports workd wide stuff, call them and ask though. Also, check out verizon. They don't have the curve, but the are good for worl wide service.
    Actually Cingular/AT&T is great for worldwide coverage, Verizon just got a BB(8830) that works internationally

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : ATT Blackberry Curve voice quality??

I just merged your 2 threads into one
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

lol was wondering why the two first posts

as for Curve... it's very good quality by phone, but each market may vary in the quality with AT&T (or most carriers for that matter). I'd stop by an AT&T store and put hands-on with the Curve, they usually have live demo's so you can see for yourself the quality in your area.

As for unlocking. Not sure how your luck would be, but I was able to email AT&T customer service and 3 days later got an email back giving me instructions on how to unlock my Curve (for free). My account has military sponsorship so it may be easier to get it unlocked for that reason... not sure (only been with them 2-3 months at that time and only had the Curve for about a week).

As someone above said, Verizon (if you wanted to stay with them) also offers the 8830 which has world wide ability (they will provide you with a GSM SIM card for international roaming - not domestic use) and should have near the same quality.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Two things.

1. Having had a Treo before, the voice quality of almost else anything is better. The BlackBerry will beat it hands down.
    2. The BlackBerry is the only handset I have experienced that has active noise reduction (this was introduced in 8xxx series I think), so it actually is usable in some pretty noisy situations.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman
    1. The BlackBerry is the only handset I have experienced that has active noise reduction (this was introduced in 8xxx series I think), so it actually is usable in some pretty noisy situations.
    did you read this somewhere? I don't believe it does because on both my 8100 and 8300 people could hear the wind blowing and it was not a very windy day
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    did you read this somewhere? I don't believe it does because on both my 8100 and 8300 people could hear the wind blowing and it was not a very windy day
    i don't think the wind blowing directly into the phone would be eliminated completely. i have been in some noisy situations as well and every person i have been on the phone with has heard me clearly.

i have also had a treo, another windows phone, i can't remember what it was called, but it is similar to the wing that they are selling. the voice quality is a million times better than those handsets. my husband prefers to use my phone rather than his own. i was with sprint prior and the voice quality seems to be the same. i have had no complaints with the change.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Forgot to add that the voice quality is awesome! Now if I could only make people stop mumbling!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Just switched to ATT Curve from VZW 8830 because of voice issues. Clarity is much better on both ends of the call. ATT uses sim cards, all their phones are world phones.

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Ihave never made calls over another smart phone, but my brother complains that the voice quality on my curve is significantly lower than what I had on my LG phone before.

That was on Verizon's network.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast