I looked for a topic where this was discussed and no luck. Can anyone confirm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hyedipin no está en línea Stack level 3

ATT Blackberry Curve audio streaming question?

Advertisement

I looked for a topic where this was discussed and no luck. Can anyone confirm if we can stream/listen to internet radios on Blackberry Curve? I would think it is blackberry OS version related rather than BB model, so if anyone can actually stream (listen to) internet radio, please post following:

Stream format (wma, pls, qt, ra)
    Stream address (mms: , http:, others?)
    Stream Source (please post a link so we can try)
    Your Blackberry operating system version.

Blackberry was supposed to be capable of streaming AUDIO but not Video (according to ATT website).
    Thanks.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: ATT Blackberry Curve audio streaming question?

I can stream audio using the MFradio program. I can grab mp3 streams. I would not grab a stream over 24kb or you will probably overwhelm the data connection.

BB8300
    MFRadio latest version
    Stream: http://160.79.128.62:6028

I think its more to do with apps loaded than app version. There is a built in app but that's for streaming sat radio. Others have tried radiobee and MediaPlayer to stream audio as well. Do a few searches for those programs.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually, I used Resco Pocket Radio on my T-Mobile SDA, with slow WAP service ($5.99/mo). It worked great on that little phone with slow internet. I just assume ATT should have better connection than T-Mobile, and I thought I could probably listen to higher quality radio streams, since they can stream XM and they claim it is high quality sound.

Thanks for the details. I consider getting Curve @ ATT and I just want to get all the information I can before I switch over to ATT from T-Mo and get stuck with Curve for 2 years. (Hoping to get 1 yr contract with same price, but let's see. )

PIN/ID
    312C4157

I can test with some higher bitrates. I guess I just haven't used one. I'll add one much higher like 112 or 128kbit and see how it buffers. I sure would sound better though.

I'll let you know what I find.

Thank You.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

I tried adding a higher bitrate stream to the program, the program buffered the audio but takes a long time to begin the stream. I tried adding http://81.169.142.56:8000 (Dance/Trance-Net.radio 128k) It plays for about 3 seconds and has to buffer again. So I think the 128k bitstream is a bit much, maybe a 96k will work. But now seems the smaller bitstream the better for an EDGE conection.

What is the RAM on 8300 that buffers these. I think BB doesn't shut down programs/applications completely when you escape from them, so if there are few that are running in the background, it could be the issue, as it limits your buffer memory. ??

PIN/ID
    312C4157

The buffer settings are set in the program itself. The MFRadio program doesn't allow you to change the buffer settings. Radiobee, does allow you to change buffer settings. It was the better program at the time, but both are still hindered by the EDGE network if you're going to be pulling a fat stream.

Honestly the BB isn't quite there as an internet radio streaming device. The platform is there, just not fully developed. This is not what device was meant to do, the 8xxx series phones are really the 1st generation to try and build this technology in, I bet once we see some 3G Blackberries you will be able to stream much better.

vaillaw no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: ATT Blackberry Curve RadioBee installation problem

I have tried to install radiobee on my 8300 but it fails. The radiobee site has two versions you can download OTA.

With the first I get the error: 907 Invalid COD. HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

With the other I get the error: 907 Invalid JAR

When I download the version that you download to your pc and install through Desktop Manger, Desktop Manager tells me that the file types are not "alx", they are "cod"

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

brite no está en línea Stack level 1

Did you tried Dollars5 media Player

dtshenoy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: ATT Blackberry Curve RadioBee installation problem

Quote Originally Posted by vaillaw View Post
    I have tried to install radiobee on my 8300 but it fails. The radiobee site has two versions you can download OTA.

With the first I get the error: 907 Invalid COD. HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

With the other I get the error: 907 Invalid JAR

When I download the version that you download to your pc and install through Desktop Manger, Desktop Manager tells me that the file types are not "alx", they are "cod"

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks
    I am having the same problem, and have tried exactly the same. Please let me know if you were able to get it to work.