The TMO 8320 sounds like the best on paper, but there appear to be some ... BlackBerry Curve forum

9115kasper no está en línea Stack level 1

ATT 8310 vs TMO 8320?

Advertisement

The TMO 8320 sounds like the best on paper, but there appear to be some initial bugs and I've heard the processor may be undersized for WiFi.

I'm really looking for the one with the best data speed. Is there any difference between ATT EDGE and TMO EDGE? Is one faster?

I've also heard that there is no data speed difference between Wifi and EDGE.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: ATT 8310 vs TMO 8320?

Very little data speed difference in my experience from EDGE to Wifi....

And, I haven't seen any quantifiable difference b/w the 2 networks and their EDGE offerings... EDGE is EDGE. Will depend greatly on your coverage area and signal strength... not the company u pay to provide u the access

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

In my area, ATT and TMO coverage both suck. So when 8320 came out I had to get it because of the wifi. I don't really need the GPS.

j0hn00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242066D4

i chose tmo because they came out with the new curve first. never thought i'd use the wifi, but i find myself on it all day now. don't know about the processor, but i haven't had any issues with uma. as for edge vs. wifi in terms of speed, can't say i really notice a difference.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

The comaprisons aren't really fair as if you are using the BB browser, data is traveling through the BB servers anyway and is already optimized for transmissions and shrank down. A better comparison would be to compare pages using data through EDGE and then compare the same page using Wi-fi, but both times use a third party browser that doesn't proxy as the proxy makes a heck of a difference (please note that I am not truly sure that there is such an animal as I think that Opera mini is also using their own proxy, although i could be mistaken on this).

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't think there's any difference in speed between wifi and edge. Its just if your connection is weak then you can use your wifi browser and its a lot better. I don't get service in my house at all with any company and tmo gave me the best bet with the 8320 because it stregthens the signal. and because my fiance has an at home business she uses the hotspot at home and it doesn't take any of our minutes, so that's sweet. And really affordable compared to when we had cingular/att. That bill sucked. Haha

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Like I said, the comparisons are not fair when the proxy is involved.

redmoon no está en línea Stack level 2

I see a HUGE difference between EDGE and WiFI loading the same page

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

In the end, it only matters what works for you. They are both very useful devices. And we all have different needs and preferences. At the end of the day the differences other than the obvious are meaningless. They are the same device that is simply offered with a different feature set.

bkeaver no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Well said!!

geezie no está en línea Stack level 3

What made the decision was the color. The crimson curve is the hottest curve . I have the titanium thru tmob and I have yet to use the wifi but I had already been using the telenav on my at&t pearl and its awesome . The 8310 is the way to go .

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

so geezie...you returned the 8320 and are going to get a crimson?

inkwirer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2404b3ff

The 8320's wifi is really a plus for using the phone as sort of like a land line unit and talk all you want "whenever" but unfortunately only "whereever" wifi is available.

The 8310's GPS faeture is a good must have for beating spending another $400+ for a decent GPS navigation unit.

I think the phones are apples and oranges (but don't start juicing them). The 8320 is for the "talker" type of user whereas the 8310 is for the "road warrior" side of the mobile phone customer base.

But the "crimson" really beats the "midas" gold and "galvanized pipe looking" titanium!

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

I just went for the 8320 and a GPS puck. You can replace the 8310's GPS easily, but good luck finding a WiFi puck

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

I find myself utilizing WIFI on my 8320 a lot more often than carrying my Sony PCS puck with me.
    I'd say I use my GPC puck about a couple times a month... A GPS is a nice option to have available only when I need it.
    Do I get to use WIFI only a couple times a month? I think not.

I know it's just my taste, but there is not a single GOLD 8310 out there that I know of...
    Just fully satisfied with my gold 8320!!!